The United States students who are minority high school seniors with an excellent academic record and belong from low-income households are welcome to enjoy the benefits of the Gates scholarship program. The grant is rewarded each year to several students to overcome the financial hurdles in their educational journey.
The Gates scholarship was started to help scholars who are from low-income households. This scholarship helps outstanding and brilliant high school seniors to achieve their dreams and do most of their education. It encourages the students to keep on doing better in their studies.
Gates offers a variety of scholarships to help their students with financial needs. The Gates Scholarship awards 300 students each year with the intension of assisting them in realizing their highest potential. This scholarship program eliminates the financial barriers to college, enabling the high-potential, low-income minority student they believe in creating opportunities today for the change-makers of tomorrow.
Who May Be Eligible?
Applicant must qualify all the categories to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidate must be a high school senior to be eligible for the scholarship.
- A student must be from at least one of the following ethnicities African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidate must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on 4.0 scales.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the full-time four-year degree program in one of the US accredited non-profit, private or public college or university.
- Students who are American India or Alaska Native must provide proof of tribal enrolment.
How to Apply
All the eligible candidates should submit their Application must be through an online form. All the mandatory details and the supporting documents should be provided adequately to be considered for the grant. Applications must be submitted before the deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
- Students should provide an acceptance letter from the US accredited college or university. The acceptance letter must include that the student has accepted for the four-year degree program.
- The applicant must provide the GPA scorecard from the previous year.
- The candidate must submit a personal statement. Personal information, career and future goals, problems faced in the past, and what help this scholarship do in your educational careers should be included in the personal statement.
- Applicants should include the community service they are part of or any volunteering work they have done for the benefit of the community.
Winners will receive The Gates Scholarship, which will cover the full cost of attendance. The cost of attendance includes tuition fees, exam fees, accommodations cost, board fees, books, transportation, and other college expenses. The Gates Scholarship may cover additional personal costs as well.
Candidates must submit their application before September 15, 2021.