Fort Valley State University’s College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology is excited to announce and offer the FVSU 1890 Scholarship Program for the students seeking assistance to attain higher education in the majors offered by the CAFT. The High school students, first time College, and transfer students who plan to select a major offered by FVSU’s College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Since the journey of achieving a college education is full of hardships, students seek and deserve significant assistance to attain education. The purpose of announcing the FVSU 1890 scholarship program is to support and recognize first-time college students and transfer students pursuing higher education. The offered scholarship aims to grant financial benefits to the outstanding students. The US Department of Agriculture funded scholarship covers four years of education for qualified students who maintain requirements.
Fort Valley State University is a place where talented students can come simply for the opportunity to be brilliant. Fort Valley State University, established in 1 is a public land-grant historically black university located in the heart of Fort Valley, Georgia. Fort Valley State University has empowered people to use education as a pathway to maximize their potential through invention, intellectual fulfilment, and meaningful careers. The FVSU is part of Georgia’s University System and a member school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
The given table shall provide further information concerning the scholarship:
|Organization||Fort Valley State University|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Requirement||Completed Application Form, Essay, Completed FAFSA Form|
Who May be Eligible
The eligibility criteria to be adequately followed by the interested applicant are-
- The applicant must hold a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- The applicant must either be a First Time College, high school, or transfer student planning to enrol at Fort Valley State University.
- The applicants must select a major offered by FVSU’s College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology (CAFST).
- The applicants must submit test scores (SAT 480 reading and writing/440 math or ACT 17 reading and English/17 math).
How to Apply
The applicants excited to avail the FVYU 1890 Scholarship Program must apply online. Applicants must visit the scholarship website page and start the process of completing application prompted by the “apply” portal. Further, the applicants must complete FAFSA form, attach supporting documents, and then apply for the financial assistance.
- The applicants must submit the essay.
- The applicants must provide complete FAFSA Form.
The FVYU 1890 Scholarship Program awards considerable benefits to the deserving beneficiary. The major benefits are
- The scholarship can cover up to eight semesters of tuition if the scholar meets renewal requirements.
- Level 1 scholars or students with a GPA of 3.0-3.5 will be awarded $6,132 annually.
- Level 2 scholars or students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher will be awarded $8120 annually.
- A maximum of $32,480 scholarship will be awarded for the beneficiaries.
The scholarship helps students to offset the cost of educational expenses. The scholarship is eligible to cover tuition, books, food, room and board, fees, etc.
The new applications are currently being accepted from new and transfer students for spring 2021.