The Iowa Corn grant and National Corn Growers Association grant applications are combined for this present year interestingly. Understudies need to finish up one application to be qualified for both. The candidate should be an Iowa Corn Growers Association member or child of an ICGA member. Around eighteen of total grants will be granted to meriting, qualified understudies enlisted at a certified U.S. 2-year or 4-year junior college, college or university, or graduate school in a program of study that can prepare the understudy to add to the horticulture business in Iowa. Nine out of them are $1,000 First-year Scholarships, which are held for secondary school seniors entering their first year of school, one from every Iowa Corn District Field Manager region. The rest nine are $1,000 Upperclassmen Scholarships which are held for understudies entering their second, third, or fourth year of school or who are joined up with an alumni program, one from every Iowa Corn District Field Manager region.
Grants are for one year, and past champs may reapply. Grants might be utilized to balance educational costs, school supplies, or understudy lodging. Assets will be given in the interest of every understudy to their school monetary guide division in August 2022, yet entering freshmen should effectively finish the primary school term, and those funds will be applied to second term costs. All applications are due January 31, 2022. Just web-based applications will be acknowledged. Beneficiaries will be notified by March 15, 2022. Checks will be sent to the respective financial aid offices by September 2022.
Iowa Corn consists of people who eat, rest, and inhale everything corn. Contained by the Iowa Corn Promotion Board (ICPB) and Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA), Iowa Corn attempts to open the capability of corn in a feasible way to meet the worldwide requirement for food and energy. The two associations work on the joint mission to set out open doors for long-haul Iowa corn cultivator productivity.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||College student|
|Number of Awards||18|
|Contest Deadline||January 31, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarships are as follows:
- A high school graduating senior or current college student pursuing a degree in agriculture
- Applicant must be an Iowa Corn Growers Association member or son/daughter of an ICGA member
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by completing one scholarship application form for all the scholarships given. You will be asked to select one scholarship when filling out the form. The form can be accessed from here.
The awards for the following grant be awarded in the following order:
- Eighteen total scholarships will be awarded to deserving, qualified students enrolled at an accredited U.S. 2-year or 4-year junior college, college or university, or graduate school in a program of study that can equip the student to contribute to the agriculture industry in Iowa.
- Nine $1,000 “First-year Scholarships” are reserved for high school seniors entering their first year of college, one from each Iowa Corn District Field Manager territory.
- Nine $1,000 “Upperclassmen Scholarships” are reserved for students entering their second, third, or fourth year of college or who are enrolled in a graduate program – one from each Iowa Corn District Field Manager territory.
The application submission period for these particular grants will end on January 31, 2022.