With a very thoughtful initiative to prepare eligible and academically talented undergraduate students for admission into doctoral (PhD) programs by providing them a simulate graduate school experience, Our Lady of the Lake University has started the Future McNair Scholars Programme for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholars’ programme is very focused on U.S national students who have a limited amount of income and are African American, Hispanic-Latino, Native American and Alaskan, or Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian. The applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA or higher to be considered for the programme. The benefits of a scholar include research internships, faculty mentorships, funding, etc.
Our Lady of the Lake University, known locally as the Lake, is a private Catholic university in San Antonio, Texas founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Divine Providence, a religious institute originating in Lorraine, France, during the 18th century. OLLU is ranked #299-391 in National Universities. It is inspired by Catholic values and the heritage of the founding Congregation of Divine Providence and is hence, a community of called to transform individuals as they discover their purpose in life. The university aspires to be nationally recognized for its distinctive programs, its expertise in Mexican American culture, and its diverse graduates who lead and serve with faith and wisdom to improve the world.
Table of Contents
|Organization||Our Lady of the Lake University|
|Education Level||Graduate and doctorate|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|City||African American, Hispanic-Latino, Native American and Alaskan, or Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- The applicants must be committed to attending graduate school and earning a doctorate/terminal degree.
- The applicants must be full-time OLLU students and have sophomore or junior standing (seniors are accepted on a limited basis).
- The applicants must have a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- The applicants must be limited-income students.
- The applicants must be underrepresented i.e. African American, Hispanic-Latino, Native American and Alaskan, or Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian.
How to Apply?
- To apply for admission at OLLU, students must log into its official application portal.
- To apply for admission, students will be required to provide the following documents:
- Recommendation letters
- Complete and current résumé
- A personal statement describing your academic and professional goals
- The students will need to prepare and submit the following documents to apply for the scholarship:
- Completed application
- Personal statement
- Unofficial transcript
- Copy of most recent income tax forms
- All interested applicants must submit their scholarship applications on the McNair Scholars SharePoint site.
The successfully selected students will be entitled to receive or win research internships, faculty mentorships, GRE preparation and residual success graduate school visits, professional research presentations, leadership opportunities and graduate school funding support and access.
The application to this particular scholars’ program at the Our Lady of the Lake University is currently ongoing. However, it is highly suggested to students that they look into course-specific application deadlines if any.