What would a world without nuclear weapons look like to you? Global Zero’s #FutureFirst fellowship asks you to imagine a future where we center people and the planet above war, stop rampant defense spending from draining our communities, and work together to achieve a world that has moved beyond the bomb.
Over four months you’ll join other bold, intersectional activists to hone your skills as an organizer, become an expert in the ways the nuclear weapons system harms your own community, and develop strategies to eliminate them! Build power in your community by starting a BombSquad hub, holding candidates and elected leaders responsible for their policies, and harnessing the power of grassroots activism to challenge the stronghold these weapons have had over us.
At Global Zero, we believe nuclear weapons directly reflect unjust power structures – from the undemocratic launch process to the billions spent every year, to the aftermath of testing that still impacts the health of indigenous and marginalized communities, nuclear weapons intersect with the issues of progressive activists already care about, and we need you in this fight!
|Number of Awards||Limited|
|Nationality||Colorado, Georgia, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Utah, or Wyoming.|
|Contest Deadline||August 21, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
Fellows also must;
- Live or attend college in one of the following states: Colorado, Georgia, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Utah, or Wyoming. Citizenship is not required.
- Be at least 16 years old by September 12, 2022.
- Be available on Fridays from 1 pm-2:30 pm EST/10 am-11:30 am PST for cohort webinars, beginning September 12, and ending December 16, 2022.
How To Apply?
Letter of Recommendation (Maximum of one, which may be uploaded or emailed to Tristan@globalzero.org.)
- Essay Questions. Please respond to all five prompts, 500-word maximum.
- What aspects of the fellowship get you the most excited? Do you have any reservations?
- Why is intersectionality an important part of causing the change?
- Tell us a little about yourself and your background, including why you’re interested in activism.
- Pretend you’re holding a rally for a cause you care about, what are some steps you would take to make it successful?
The deadline for online submission of the application and supporting documents is August 21, 2022