Furman University is now offering a number of scholarships in recognition of students exceptional academic accomplishments, significant leadership, co-curricular involvement, etc. Each year, the university comes with a wide range of scholarships that help students achieve their educational goals. These scholarships will be offered to those students who exhibit a strong ability to succeed based on their academic achievements, commitment to the community, passion for leading, or exemplary talents. To get these funds, all you need to do is to enrol in an eligible course at Furman University.
The purpose of these scholarships is to recognize those students who show the potential and promise to make an impact in Furman’s community. These funding programs will lessen the financial stress of students as well as give them recognization for their hard work and achievements that they have made in their previous education. With the help of these scholarships, the university not only recognizes the talents but also helps students with educational expenses that might prevent students with limited financial means to acquire higher education.
Established in 1826, Furman University is a leading institution for higher learning famous for its college experience and outstanding academic programs. At this institution, students get to enjoy a national-calibre liberal arts and sciences education on a campus which is internationally recognized for its beauty, while preparing for a fulfilling career and a life of purpose. Furman prepares its students to think critically and help them develop academically and personally. The university offers rigorous academics, broad research opportunities and much more.
Get quick information about the programs through this table:
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||November 15, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility requirements vary from one scholarship to another. However, here are some basic requirements that must be met:
- Aspirants must be going to take admission in any eligible course at Furman University;
- Applicants must have a good academic record.
How to Apply
The application process is varied from scholarship to scholarship. To be eligible to start the application process, you need to take admission in an eligible program at the university.
- James B. Duke Scholarships – $2,000 – $3,000
- John D. Hollingsworth Scholarships – $35,000 + A stipend of up to $2,000 for a Furman, faculty-led Study Away experience + A stipend of up to $3,000 for a summer internship or research experience
- Charles H. Townes Scholarships –
- $35,000 per year, renewable for four years
- A stipend of up to $2,000 for a Furman, faculty-led Study Away experience
- A stipend of up to $3,000 for a summer internship or research experience
- Joseph A. Vaughn Scholarships – Full-tuition
- Bell Tower Scholarships – Educational fund
The deadline is November 15, 2020.