The University of Toronto is delighted to announce the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships for outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
This is UT’s most prestigious, competitive and fully funded scholarship program intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
Each year, the University of Toronto approximately 37 students choose as Lester B. Pearson Scholars and cover their tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- An original and creative thinker
- Committed to school and community
- A high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- Enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2018
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2019 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2019 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
- An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
How to Apply for the Scholarships:
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in their program) at https://www3.adm.utoronto.ca/Pearson/schoolApplication.php?ref=644a95b1
- Apply to study at the University of Torontoto begin your studies in 2019 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
- The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
- Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2018
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 17, 2018
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2019
If you have any questions about applying to the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org