IED – Istituto Europeo di Design and Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli invites young creatives from around the world to convert their ideas into projects by taking part in the scholarship 2018 contest. In order to apply candidates need to show proficiency in the course language at minimum level B2.
The purpose of the contests is the assignment of 105 scholarships as maximum covering the 100% or the 50% of the tuition fee of the IED and Accademia Galli Undergraduate and Professional Training Programs (two years), for the academic year.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- In order to apply candidates need to show proficiency in the course language at minimum level B2.
- Candidates must be 18 years old by December 31st, 2018 and they must have accomplished high school diploma by September 2018.
- Participation is strictly reserved for Candidates up to 26 years old, considering December 31st, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate Courses and Professional Training Program (2 years) held in Milan, Cagliari, Como, Florence, Rome, Turin, and Venice.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Design, Fashion, Visual Arts, Communication and Restoration held in Milan, Cagliari, Como, (Accademia di Belle Arti “Aldo Galli”), Florence, Rome, Turin, and
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates with IED or Accademia Galli diploma (or another issued by a similar school) are not eligible.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To take part in the Scholarship contest, students must register and upload the required material.
- Get registered by filling in the form available at https://www.ied.edu/scholarships-undergraduate
- Participants are required to develop a project based on a briefing related to the chosen course, for which they aim at obtaining the Scholarship.
- Step 1. Read carefully the Regulation and the projects’ briefings. To take part in the contest, students need to develop a concept that is relevant to the specific field of interest, following the guidelines described in each detailed briefing.
- Step 2. Choose the course and the location you are applying for.
- Step 3. Get registered by filling in the form. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with credentials to enter your Personal Area, where you could upload the required documents. Only candidates interested in Accademia Galli – IED Como – have to send the confirmation of their participation at borsedistudio[@]accademiagalli.it.
- Step 4. Start to arrange the required documents, respecting the guidelines reported in the briefing.
- Step 5. Once the material collection is ready, enter your Personal Area with the given credentials and upload your project and the required documents.
- The Candidate must upload images, pictures, scans or illustrations representing the Concept, specifying Concept’s title and explaining the idea behind in maximum ten lines of text (according to the specific guidelines reported in the briefing).
- All the material must be included in only one .pdf or .docx file of maximum 8 Mb. Inside the file can be inserted from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 10 images, pictures, scans or illustrations representing the Concept. It is also possible to insert a link to a video already published on Youtube.com or Vimeo.com (optional).
In order to be considered eligible, each candidate will be asked to provide:
- A motivation letter in the language of the chosen course
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Certificate of knowledge of the language in which the course is held, if different from the mother tongue (alternatively is possible to have a Skype interview in the language of the chosen course). To be admitted to the course is required B2 level as a minimum
- The concept as described in the briefing.
- Number of Scholarships: Up for grabs are 105 scholarships are available.
- If you win the scholarship, you will have 3 days to accept and 5 days to complete your enrollment.
- IED and Accademia Galli offer a maximum of 105 scholarships covering 100% or 50% of the tuition fees, which are calculated according to the income shown by ISEE certification for EU students who want to apply for an Undergraduate course and Professional Training Programs (two years).
- The Scholarship will cover just the tuition fees, as mentioned above. Enrolment fee, housing, and all other costs shall be covered by the winners.
- The assigned scholarship is confirmed for the subsequent years if the student passes all the exams in the yearly study plan with an average mark of 28/30.
The competition for international students is open until May 3, 2018, at 11:59 PM (GMT +1 Italian time).