Frontier Label brings to you a $4,000 essay scholarship award with the aim to look for students who think outside of the box. The following scholarship program is available to high school, college, or graduate students who are enrolled in or due to be enrolled in an accredited university or college for the academic year 2021-2022 who can show how products can be labeled, but people can’t. Frontier labels understand the danger of false labels and believe the best ideas begin with a blank slate–no prejudices or preconceptions. For this reason, try to forget any labels related to academics or talent you’ve received in the past. Tap into your innate originality and creativity through writing and design.
If you’re an aspiring designer, manufacturer, engineer, artist, architect, or any other type of innovator, this scholarship is intended for you. Due to complexities with international funding, submissions from U.S. citizens will be considered only. Please specify your intended field of study and your current grade or degree level within your application. It is also requested to provide either proof of college acceptance or a high school transcript at the time of submission. The Frontier Label would love to know your future goals and why you deserve this scholarship, so you are welcome to provide a brief biography of no more than 250 words with your application. They will not assess this bio in our submission evaluation, but it will help them better understand your vision.
Frontier Label is a creative and passionate team of experts at making products presentable. Their custom labels give a product’s story the chance to shine, and they hope to do the same for the next batch of designers, engineers, or entrepreneurs. But their purpose extends beyond labeling products. They believe that people are uniquely packaged and labels can limit ingenuity. Giving is fundamental to their business, and they want to invest in young creatives because they are certain that their success will lead to big ideas that bring a better future for everyone.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||High school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate|
|Number of Awards||5|
|Contest Deadline||November 30, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Essay, proof of enrolment, biography, proof of citizenship|
Who is Eligible?
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to write a 1000-word creative essay showing how you relate to the following statements and why it matters. Design a label related to your essay that belongs to a product but not a person.
- Has consumerism influenced the way people are viewed?
- Do people try to market themselves for acceptance?/
- What effect do labels have on creativity? How might it differ between products and people?
- Is there a distinction between negative and positive labels? Is labeling yourself or another individual ever beneficial?
Email your application to email@example.com
- Use your essay title for the email subject line.
- Include your full name, mailing address, phone number, and short bio within the email.
- Attach your essay and label design within one PDF.
- Do include your full name within the email, but do not include it within the PDF pages or in the file name to ensure an unbiased evaluation.
- Include the total word count at the bottom of your essay
Your essay and label design will be evaluated by these five criteria:
1. Originality–overall uniqueness
2. Creativity–a blend of imagination and great ideas
3. Quality–superb execution
4. Competency–an evident eye for design and clear written communication
5. Connectedness–clear unity between the essay and label
Only submit your work. Plagiarism is the opposite of innovation, and stolen work will be eliminated. This is a creative, not an academic essay, so you’re not required to include sources. However, if you do reference the work of another individual, please use a citation.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- A short bio of no more than 250 words with your intended field of study and education level
- Proof of education
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (valid address)
All of the applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidate will be selected as the winner of the following scholarship. The winner will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $4,000.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is November 30, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.