If you are freshmen students and want to win a scholarship award to help cover expenses, enter the Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Wichita State University. This program is open for incoming domestic high school seniors who are fully-admitted at WSU.
The university is internationally recognized as the model for applied learning and research. WSU provides professional, high-quality careers and information service for students. They offer more than 60 undergraduate degree programs in more than 200 areas of study in six colleges.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
Incoming domestic high school seniors who are fully-admitted to WSU as a degree-bound student with:
- A completed 6th-semester transcript and ACT / SAT test scores
Students will be evaluated based on a composite of the following:
- High School GPA (unweighted)
- National Test Score (ACT / SAT)
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum overall and semester GPA of 3.25
- Enrol in and successfully earn at least 30 credit hours each academic year
How to Apply
To capture this education award, candidates are required to pursue a bachelor’s degree at the university. After being accepted, claimants will automatically be considered for this student.
Each successful scholar will get the award according to their scores of GPA and either the ACT or SAT Test Score. Scholars will get the following:
- Presidential Merit Scholarship: Kansas Residents: $16,000- Nonresidents: $24,000
- Morrison Merit Scholarship: Kansas Residents: $14,000- Nonresidents: $20,000
- Founders Merit Scholarship: Kansas Residents: $12,000- Nonresidents: $16,000
- Heritage Merit Scholarship: Kansas Residents: $8,000- Nonresidents: $12,000
Application Deadline: For students looking to receive a first-time award for the 2019-20 academic years, this application is closed until November 1, 2019