The Beneteau Foundation is offering a Student Design Competition for a power catamaran to promote and encourage innovation in the world of boating and housing, for the eighth consecutive year. The competition is open for students enrolled at a European school of architecture, engineering, design, art or attending a university course in a relevant area.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This competition is open to students who, as of 1 January 2018, are enrolled at an architecture, engineering, design or art school or attending a university course that is relevant to the stated objective (the registered office of which is in a Member State of the European Community)
- Who are individuals aged sixteen (16) years or over (minors must provide evidence of permission from their legal guardian)
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must complete the registration form and send it along with a copy of a valid student card by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry per person (same name, same address) is permitted throughout the entire duration of the competition.
- Candidates must provide a photocopy of their valid student card.
- Any fraud or attempted fraud in this competition will lead to the participant being disqualified.
- Students may enter individually or in teams.
- If they enter as a team, they must appoint a team leader who will be the sole point of contact for Foundation d’entreprise Bénéteau.
- The leader will be responsible for sending the registration forms and copies of student cards of all its team members.
- The team name will be the name of the team leader.
- In order to encourage creativity, the only limit is the size of the catamaran:
- a maximum overall length of 36 feet (11m) and
- a maximum overall width of 14 feet (4.30m)
- A single PDF, in French or English, in A3 format, in the form of a booklet not exceeding 15 Mb containing at least:
- a written presentation of the overall concept along with sketches
- a description of the layout
- a plan showing the layout of the deck to a scale of 1:50
- a plan showing the layout of the saloon to a scale of 1:50
- a plan showing the layout of the hulls to a scale of 1:50
- a longitudinal section to a scale of 1:50
- a cross-section to a scale of 1:50
- Two perspective views.
- The competition prizes are as follows:
- First prize: a cheque for six thousand (6,000) Euros
- Second prize: a cheque for four thousand (4,000) Euros
- Third prize: a cheque for two thousand (2,000) Euros.
- Winners will be invited to an award ceremony.
The registration form should be fulfilled and sent before October 14, 2018.