The Forest Park Conservancy is inviting amateur and professional photographers to participate in their Photography Contest. The contest will be held under various categories and you can participate in any of them. Participation is completely free and an individual can submit up to 3 pictures at maximum. The photographs should be captured in the Forest Park area and should not be older than 3 years. The contest is accepting entries from August 1, 2021, to September 30, 2021. Kindly submit your photographs during the time frame to participate in the contest.
12 best photographs will be selected by the panel of judges to be printed in the 2022 calendar. One photograph will be selected for the Member’s Choice Award. Also, you can win $500 worth of gear donated by Peak Design and Pro Photo Supply. This is an amazing opportunity for you to show your photography talent and gain a wide range of audiences for your work. Participating in the contest will help you open various doors of advancement in your career.
Forest Park Conservancy is focused to protect Forest Park’s ecological health along with encouraging responsible recreation and access. They believe that these values are not only consistent but also interdependent. FPC has the responsibility to deepen its understanding of inclusiveness in all its forms.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Forest Park Conservancy|
|Number of Awards||12|
|Application Deadline||September 30th, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
All the individuals are eligible to participate in any of the following categories of the contest. An individual can submit up to 3 photographs at maximum. The categories are as follows:
- Trails: The photograph must feature one of the Forest Park’s trails.
- Wildlife: The photograph should feature native species in their natural habitat.
- Habitat: The photograph must include native plants including flowers, trees, and understory plants.
- Forest Park Stewarts: The photograph should feature the FPC staffs, volunteers or partners in the forest park.
How to Apply?
For participating in the contest, follow the stated guidelines:
- The photos should be taken in, or of Forest Park within last 3 years.
- The photos should be at least 300 dpi and no more than 2 MB.
- Landscape orientation will be preferred, but portrait will also be accepted.
- Submit your photos in jpeg format.
- Kindly name your entries in the following format: first name_ last name_ category_ image title.
- Submit your photographs here.
12 photos will be selected, three under each category to be printed on the 2022 calendar. One photo will be selected by the Forest Park Conservancy’s member for the Member’s choice winner. Also, the selected photos will be displayed at the gallery showing at Urbanite PDX. It is the opportunity for you to present your talent and achieve better career advances for yourself.
The contest is accepting your entries till September 3, 2021. Entries received after the deadline will be considered invalid for the competition.