Fordham University is the oldest Catholic university in the northeastern United States, the third-oldest university in New York, and the only Jesuit University in New York City. Fordham fosters the intellectual, moral and religious development of its students and prepares them for leadership in a global society. Fordham affirms the value of a core curriculum rooted in the liberal arts and sciences.
Fordham University is composed of four undergraduate and six graduate schools, and its academic ethos is heavily drawn from its Jesuit origins. The university offers degrees in over 60 disciplines. It provides its students with over 130 studies abroad opportunities. The university’s constituent schools offer a range of study abroad programs that cater to their specific areas of study.
Fordham University acceptance rate is 47.6%. It enrolls approximately 15,300 students from more than 65 countries and is composed of ten constituent colleges, four of which are undergraduate and six of which are postgraduate. For the undergraduate class of 2019, Fordham accepted 20,366 of the 42,811 applicants (47.6%) and enrolled 2,211
What GPA do you need to get into the Fordham University?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Fordham University is 3.64.
- This makes Fordham University Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.64, Fordham University requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is the Fordham University an Ivy League school?
- Fordham affirms the complementary roles of faith and reason in the pursuit of wisdom and learning.
- The University encourages the growth of a life of faith consonant with moral and intellectual development.
- Fordham encourages faculty to discuss and promote an understanding of the ethical dimension of what is being studied and what is being taught.
The Fordham University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Fordham University?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Fordham University?
- The average ACT score composite at Fordham University is a 29.
Is the Fordham University a prestigious school?
- Fordham University is a selective Jesuit, Catholic university located in the Bronx in New York City.
- Fordham offers both Early Decision and Early Action admissions options.
- The University seeks to foster in all its student’s life-long habits of careful observation, critical thinking, creativity, moral reflection, and articulate expression.
What is the Fordham University best known for?
- Fordham University is ranked by several national organizations.
- Fordham gives special attention to the study of the living tradition of Catholicism, and it provides a place where religious traditions may interact with each other and with contemporary cultures.
- Fordham recognizes the dignity and uniqueness of each person.
- Fordham is committed to research and education that assist in the alleviation of poverty, the promotion of justice, the protection of human rights and respect for the environment.
How much does it cost to go to the Fordham University?
- The Cost of Attendance is an amount used to determine your maximum financial aid eligibility for an academic year.
- The COA consists of standard school expenses (tuition, fees, and books) and an estimate of a student’s standard living expenses (housing, food, transportation, and other miscellaneous expenses).
- Each student’s financial needs are different, so the estimated COA may be less depending on the student’s circumstances.
|Books and Supplies||$1,012|
|Room and Board||$17,445|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,796|
What are the majors at the Fordham University is known for?
- The most popular majors at Fordham University include Speech Communication and Rhetoric; Business Administration and Management, Finance, Psychology, and Economics, General.
- Its four undergraduate colleges and six graduate schools don’t just teach the nuts and bolts of our fields.
- They pride us on being an academic environment where intellectuals prosper, researchers discover, and students thrive.
How much is tuition at the Fordham University?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Fordham University are $50,601 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $33,417.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Fordham University is $50,601.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Fordham University is $52,589.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
Is the Fordham University a public or private school?
- Fordham University is a private research university in New York City that was founded in 1841.
- The university accepted approximately 43% of all applicants across both its undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The university enrolled approximately 2,199 new undergraduate students, and 2,168 new graduate students.
- Fordham is one of 99 universities in the U.S. classified as a research university.
What is the SAT score required for the Fordham University?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Fordham University?
- The average SAT score composite at Fordham University is 1340.