The ford foundation is granting the postdoctoral award for all high achieving students who have a dream to complete their research study in the United States.
The study program is designed for US candidates who want to make their career in teaching and research in academia. The scholarships will be awarded for study in research-based programs.
The Ford Foundation seeks for university’s faculties to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing the number of professors who will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
Who May Eligible
Eligibility to apply for a dissertation fellowship is limited to:
- All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents are eligible for this award.
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honours or other designations)
- Participants who are making their career in teaching and research at the college or university level.
- Individuals who have completed all the requirements for a PhD or Sc.D. degree, including successful defence of the dissertation, no earlier than December 10, 2012, and no later than December 10, 2019, in an eligible research-based field from a U.S. institution of higher education.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to prepare and submit an application for a Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Fact Sheet
- Postdoctoral Application Instructions
- Familiarize yourself with Navigating the Online Application.
- Candidates need to take part in a research program through the online portal.
- The winner will be receiving a one-year stipend of $45,000.
- An invitation to attend the annual Conference of Ford Fellows.
Application Deadline: Candidates can fulfil this application before December 10th, 2019.