The Foot Locker Foundation is thrilled to announce the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program to an outstanding student in the United States.
The program is honours student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Foot Locker is a Foundation. It provides supports for educational and sports programs over the country that equip children and young adults with the compulsory tools to achieve their aims and be successful in life.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must be:
- Participants must be entering college in the fall of 2020 as a freshman at an accredited four-year institution for an undergraduate degree.
- Students must be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community-based sports.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
How to Apply
- For this program, the applicant will be required to answer the two essay questions below in 300-500 words:
- Sports teach a valuable lesson in leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship. How have you embodied these qualities on your team and in your city?
- Describe a defining moment in your life that has helped to shape your dreams and plans for the future.
- All the students must submit their application by the given link.
Twenty candidates will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in college, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
Application Deadline: Petitioners need to submit the applications by January 8, 2021.