Applications are open for the Fly Your Ideas 2019 Competition designed by Airbus in partnership with UNESCO, which challenges students worldwide to innovate for the future of aerospace. The competition is open to all higher education students from around the world.
The competition involves three progressively competitive and challenging rounds concluding with a live final. Up to 6 finalist teams will present their ideas to a Jury of Airbus and industry experts for a chance to win a share of the €45,000 prize fund to take their idea forward within the industry.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Fly Your Ideas is open to all higher education students from around the world.
- Students wishing to take part must register as a team of three to four members.
- To participate, they must be registered to study full or part-time at a recognized degree-awarding institution until at least 30 April 2019.
- Participants can be studying a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. level degree in any discipline – from engineering to marketing; business to science; philosophy to design.
- There is no age limit.
- Students within a team do not have to be of the same gender, nationality, from the same university – or even the same country.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link:
- Employees of Airbus or their agents are not allowed to enter the Competition.
- Students currently involved in an internship, apprenticeship or summer placement with Airbus are not eligible to take part in the Competition unless their contract ends before the end of the competition registration period and they notify the Promoter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who start working for Airbus while participating in the Competition must withdraw from the Competition.
- Immediate family members (immediate family members include: spouse; parents and grandparents; children and grandchildren; brothers and sisters; mother-in-law and father-in-law; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law; daughters-in-law and sons-in-law; adopted, half, and step members are also included) of Airbus employees are allowed to enter the Competition, but must declare, when requested, the name of said employee. Failure to do so will invalidate their registration and will lead to disqualification from the Competition at this, or any later stage.
- An individual who registers for and participates in the Competition as an individual or team or Academic Mentor, or is nominated as a student ambassador for Fly Your Ideas, cannot under any circumstances be considered as having a contractual employment relationship with Airbus and its affiliates, and for the avoidance of all doubt, cannot be considered as a salaried employee.
- Students (hereinafter referred to as the “Participants”) wishing to participate must register in teams of between 3-4 Participants.
- Individual students are only allowed to register as a team and under one team name. Students registering for more than one team will be disqualified.
- All individual members of the teams must have a valid e-mail address.
- Each team must comprise between 3 (minimum) and 4 (maximum) team members.
- Each team should ideally comprise a diverse range of students from different disciplines, such as engineering, business, finance, science and may ideally also have a mix of men and women, though this is not essential.
- Each team must appoint a Team Leader.
- The Team Leader will be the main contact point for the Promoter, and emails sent to the email address provided by the Team Leader will be considered delivered.
- Once a team has been registered, no modification in its composition will be allowed after the registration deadline on 16 November 2018, 12:00 CET, unless for specific reasons outlined below.
- In the event that the number of members in a team is reduced to fewer than 3, the team shall be disqualified.
- Winning team to receive €25,000.
- Runner-up team to receive €10,000.
- Remaining finalist teams to receive an equal share of remaining €10,000.
All teams must be registered by November 16, 2018, 12:00 CET.