Graduate students in colleges or schools of engineering, natural science, public administration are cordially invited to apply for this precious scholarship program. The awards are introduced by the Florida Stormwater Association Educational Foundation for the year 2020.
The purpose of the grant is to provide financial assistance to qualified students attending Florida colleges and universities with interest in stormwater research, management, or finance. The funds will be a great help for scholars to support their studies.
The Florida Stormwater Association Educational Foundation is a non-profit professional association of local governments, engineering/consulting firms, academic departments, and other organizations established in 1993. It is a parallel organization providing research and scholarship services.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the FSAEF Scholarship Program, the candidates must be following the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be graduate students in colleges or schools of engineering, natural science, public administration (or closely related fields)
- Must have an interest in stormwater science, engineering or finance.
- Students must be in good standing that is recently enrolled on a full-time basis in a graduate program at a Florida college or university
- Must plan to attend classes during the fall semester on a full-time basis.
How to Apply
Students who find the scholarship helpful can fill out their details digitally through an online application form. The applicants are asked to submit every below-mentioned document with their applications to get consideration for the award.
- A letter of transmittal applying for the award.
- The letter should provide a brief biographical sketch stating your interest in stormwater and a discussion of your career goals relevant to stormwater.
- The letter should also explain your need for and the intended use of the scholarship. (15 points)
- A letter of recommendation from your major professor. (5 points)
- A sealed copy of your official transcripts.
- If the transcripts are being sent directly from the college, please include a contact phone number to verify mailing. (10 points)
- A brief two or three pages paper summarizing a recent stormwater-related project or research effort in which you were involved or a short paper that describes the importance of stormwater management in today’s society. (20 points)
The Florida Stormwater Association Educational Foundation will be offering a total of three scholarships of amount $2,000 for the year 2020. The recipients will get help to accomplish their educational purpose expenses.
All eligible applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship before the deadline of August 7, 2020.