The Florida Gubernatorial Fellows Program was designed from the belief that the best way to ensure Florida’s greatness is to educate and cultivate its future leaders actively. The fellowship is available to all Florida graduate and undergraduate students from public or private schools.
The program presented extraordinary opportunities to participate in real governance, to sit at the table with current and future state leaders. There are no age limit criteria, but Fellows must be currently enrolled students at an accredited university in the US.
The Florida Gubernatorial Fellows Program was designed from the belief that the best process to ensure Florida’s greatness is to sincerely educate and cultivate its future leaders. It is a non-partisan program that immerses students from public and private universities in key areas of state government.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, the fellows must meet all the following criteria:
- The program is open to full-time undergraduate (juniors and seniors) and graduate students statewide.
- To maintain full-time status, students take courses at Florida State University, online courses, or fulfill internship and directed independent study requirements.
How to Apply
In order to apply, all the eligible fellows need to submit the transcripts and paper letters of recommendation through the mailed to the given address below:
Florida Gubernatorial Fellows Program
Executive Office of the Governor
400 South Monroe Street
The Capitol, Room 1604B
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
- Aspirants must submit an official copy of their college transcript
- Three letters of recommendation must be provided.
All the successful candidates will receive the following:
- Fellows will receive up to $1,000 stipend for relocation expenses. Housing is entirely the Fellow’s responsibility.
- Students are considered Other Personal Services (OPS) employees and are paid $10 per hour for their project work, which can range from 20 to 40 hours. They are treated as high-level staff and are expected to perform at that level.
- A special honor is reserved for the most outstanding proposal each year.
The application deadline for the 2021-2022 class is Monday, January 4, 2021.