The University of Sussex is now accepting applications for ‘First impressions of the UK’ Photography Competition 2018. To be eligible to enter, you must usually live outside of the United Kingdom. Students may submit a maximum of 5 entries each. The theme of the photos should be ‘First impressions of the UK.’
International Student Support’s annual photo competition offers new international students an exciting opportunity to share the sights that impact you the most during your first few weeks in the UK. This could include the British weather, food, new friends, Sussex campus, your accommodation, new experiences, Brighton and the local area or anything else that captures your imagination.
The student with the winning photograph shall receive a prize of a £50 Amazon voucher. The 2nd place student shall receive a £30 Amazon voucher. The 3rd place student shall receive a £20 Amazon voucher.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible to enter, you must usually live outside of the United Kingdom (UK).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the competition, entries can be submitted by posting an image to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #FirstImpressionsoftheUK. (Be aware that they will not be able to view images posted to a private or protected Instagram or Twitter account.)
Alternatively, you can email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line writes ‘Photo competition’.
Note: If your files are too large to send via email, you can also send your entries to our email address via We Transfer (write ‘Photo competition’ in the message field).
- You can enter up to 5 of your own photos.
- If your files are too large to send via email, you can also send your entries to our email address via We Transfer (write ‘Photo competition’ in the message field).
- Provide your full name and captions for your photos included in your social media post, email or We Transfer message.
- Any photos submitted outside of this period will not be considered.
- Students may submit a maximum of 5 entries each.
- All photos submitted must be your own.
- Submit your entries as JPEGs, with at least 300 dpi (dots per inch).
- Unless you tell us otherwise directly, by submitting your entries you are giving us permission to use your photos on our website and on other publicity materials.
- All photographs used in this way will be accredited with your name. If you do not wish to have your photos used in this way, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- You will still be able to take part in the competition if you do not want your photos used in this way.
- Any photos that have obviously been digitally altered or had elements added or removed using editing software (e.g. Photoshop) will be disqualified.
- Minor digital enhancements such as filters are acceptable.
- 1st place will receive a £50 Amazon voucher!
- 2nd place will receive a £30 Amazon voucher!
- 3rd place will receive a £20 Amazon voucher!
The competition will open on Saturday 15 September and close at 4 pm on Monday 15 October. The winners will be announced at 4 pm on Monday 22 October on social media.