The International Basketball Foundation (IBF) is pleased to announce its annual “FIBA Photo Contest”. If you are a student under the age of 18, you’re dearly invited to participate in this contest whereby you’re required to submit three photos.
The FIBA contest is open to everyone regardless of age, nationality, and country of residence. IBF will select the forty (40) best photographs to be exhibited at the House of Basketball, in the FIBA world headquarters in Mies (Switzerland).
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Everyone regardless of age, nationality, and country of residence.
- Participants under 18 years of age are responsible for ensuring that their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
- Minors are deemed to have received their parents’ or legal guardian’s prior approval for their participation in this Contest. The approval must be joined to the registration.
- Collaborators of the IBF and of FIBA are excluded from participation in the Contest.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must upload photos online through the given link: https://photocontest.fiba.basketball/en/contest?contest=upload-photo
- As a participant in the contest, you need to send to the IBF, your three (3) best photos in link with the themes chosen by IBF.
- The chosen themes are as followed:
- Basketball is Everywhere
- Basketball a Universal Language
- The submitted photos need to represent, in a digital format, one of these two (2) themes and its link with basketball.
- Photo must be taken by the participant himself/herself and be personal creations.
- Pictures cannot be submitted by regular post or any other postage/mail services. All submissions must be uploaded electronically through the website specifically dedicated to the Contest.
- Participants must ensure that the photos submitted do not infringe the privacy or personal rights without obtaining the authorization of the person represented.
- Drawings, illustrations, computer-made or assisted pictures are not permitted.
- Mandatory elements for the pictures: Format: JPEG/JPG format, minimum size: 4MB, maximum size: 20MB, the minimum number of pixels: 5 million, description (date, place and small description), and no text or description of the photo.
The forty (40) best photos selected by the jury will be exhibited temporarily at the House of Basketball, in the FIBA world headquarters in Mies (Switzerland). The opening of the exhibition will take place on June 16th, 2018. The exhibition will end on October 30th, 2018.
The IBF jury will reward the authors of the ten (10) best photographs as well as the most popular photograph, with the following prizes:
- 1stPrize: 3’000 CHF
- 2ndPrize: 2’000 CHF
- 3rdPrize: 1’000 CHF
- 4thto 10th Prize: FIBA Official Licence Products
The deadline for FIBA Photo Contest 2018 is April 30th, 2018 at midnight (GMT/UTC).