Challenge your EM mind, solve an engineering problem using FEKO, and you could win! The FEKO Student Competition is an international contest organized annually by the Altair team in support of engineering education.
The Competition It attracts students interested in antennas, microwave devices, bio-electromagnetic compatibility and other electromagnetic related. It also gives them an opportunity to showcase their work using FEKO software.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students of colleges and universities (all undergraduate and post-graduate students) from every country in the world
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and older at the time of entry.
- Professional entries will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://web2.altairhyperworks.com/2018-feko-student-competition
- Anyone who submits an entry that is not based on work performed while enrolled as a student at a college or university will be disqualified.
- To submit an entry to the competition, an entrant must:
- successfully complete registration,
- provide a submission that serves to summarise and present the Entrant’s work involving FEKO, and
- accept Altair’s Educational Software License Agreement (collectively, an “Entry“).
- The submission must be in English, Chinese or Japanese and may be in a report, article or presentation format. No templates are provided.
- The submission should be submitted as a PDF file no larger than 5 MBytes in size.
- If a written report is submitted, it should not exceed 10 pages in length, inclusive of images and use a font no smaller in size than 11 pt Times New Roman.
- If a presentation is submitted, it should be limited to a maximum of 20 slides.
- The submission should highlight the problem solved with FEKO, including details on the simulation setup, the solution method used, results and result interpretation.
- The submission may be supplemented by FEKO model files, other documents (e.g. published articles, thesis) and multimedia content.
- If larger files need to be submitted, special arrangements have to be made with Altair via e-mail.
- A full thesis or published article will not be accepted as a submission but may be submitted as supporting documents to an entry.
- FEKO model files do not need to be submitted at the time of entry but may be requested by the judges during the judging process. Submit the entry to email@example.com.
- Only complete Entries will be eligible to win.
- Any Entry containing software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer code designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software or hardware will be disqualified.
- Registration requires a title and brief summary about the project, the first name, family name and contact information of the Entrant, the college or university attended and the name and contact details of the Entrant’s supervisor.
- Registration must be completed within the Entry Period. If applying for a temporary full-featured FEKO license, the Entrant must complete the registration form when applying for such a license.
- First prize: The winner of the first place Entry will be given the choice between paid attendance for him/her to an Altair conference of his/her choice, including travel and accommodation costs up to the value of US$2000 OR a state-of-the-art laptop computer up to the value of US$2000.
- Transport, accommodation and/or registration fees will be paid up to the maximum of US$2000.
- If the laptop is chosen as the prize, the winning Entrant can select a laptop of your choice at an online store of his/her preference subject to Altair‘s approval, to a maximum value of US$2000 inclusive of delivery cost and taxes.
- Supervisor prize: The supervisor of the student who wins the first prize will receive an online store gift voucher to the value of US$400.
- For co-supervised Entries, the supervisor prize will be divided equally between the supervisors or as agreed upon between Altair and the Entrant.
- The winner will receive recognition on the Altair website relating to FEKO.
- Runners-up and other Entrants may have their name, entry, and school mentioned in the results announcement.
- Other prizes: Further gift vouchers for runners-up and other Entrants may be awarded at the judges’ discretion.
Submit your entry before the due date of 30 November 2018.
E-mail inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.