The Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) is delighted to announce an opportunity for students that want to participate in a multi-disciplinary project to develop and characterize a brain-on-a-chip model of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). They can apply for the FDA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Neurotoxicology for the academic year 2022-2023.
This program, administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy, is offered to students who wish to undertake a postdoctoral study in Neurotoxicology. To be eligible for the position, students must have a doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields and other prior experiences. Selected candidates will be provided a monthly stipend according to their education and experience level for up to 3 years.
Founded in 1887, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) is a public historically black land-grant university in Tallahassee, Florida. It is the third largest historically black university in the United States by enrolment and the only public historically black university in Florida. The university is a member institution of the State University System of Florida and one of the state’s land grant universities. It is accredited to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Table of Contents
|Organization||Florida A&M University|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||14th August 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be currently pursuing or have received a doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields (e.g. Neuroscience, Toxicology/Genetic Toxicology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science).
- The applicants must have knowledge in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Neuroscience and Toxicology.
- The applicants must have prior experience with the use of microphysiological systems or organ chips and in hiPSCs culture, differentiation and characterization.
- The applicants must have proof of health insurance.
How to Apply?
- The applicants can log in to the university portal to apply for this fellowship.
- The applicants, however, must also apply for admission prior to their fellowship application.
- The admission application may require the students to provide the following supporting documents:
- Official transcripts from high school; approved or regional accredited or Self Reporting system (SSAR)
- Official home School transcript or GED transcript
- 500-word essay; part of the application
- Two letters of recommendation for teacher and counsellor
- Official dual enrolment transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- The applicants may also be required to submit official AICE, AP, CLEP, IB, and TOEFL/IELTS scores, if applicable.
The applicants chosen by the Florida A&M University will be awarded an appointment letter for one year, renewable up to three years upon recommendation of FDA contingent on the availability of funds, and a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience.
The application pathway for this Postdoctoral Research Fellowship will be blocked on 14th August 2022, at 3:00:00 PM Eastern Time Zone. Students are suggested to observe the application deadline and schedule their applications accordingly.