The Winterfest Foundation is accepting submissions now for the 18th annual Winterfest Foundation Fantasy Boat Student Art Contest. This annual art contest is open to ALL Broward County Students in 3rd – 5th Grade from the public, private, and homeschooled children. Students are required to submit their original 8.5” x 11” artwork by the February 1, 2022 Deadline to participate in the contest on paper using crayons, pencils, paints, markers, OR your computer using Microsoft “Paint” Program. The competition is divided into three categories: K-1, 2-3, 4-5. From each category three winners will be selected and be given places as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
If your children are good at art or have an interest in art then it can be a great chance for your child to test his potential and show his talents. He can win some exciting and fun awards through this contest. The winners will be chosen based on creativity in the reflection and spirit of Winterfest. If a student is not chosen as a winner, Winterfest is not required to disclose the reason(s) for non-acceptance. A list of winners will be posted on the Winterfest Foundation website on or before June 2022. Employees of Winterfest, Inc., Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, Museum of Discovery and Science, and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate.
Founded in 2017, The Winterfest Foundation is a south Florida charitable organization that focuses on, but is not limited to Education, Arts and Culture in public places, Water Safety Events, and assisting other charitable sectors in the South Florida Community– with the understanding that the relationships they enter into support the mission elements or strategically benefit the organization and its overall reputation in the community.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||3rd-5th grade students|
|Number of Awards||9|
|Contest Deadline||February 1, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Entries are open to Kindergarten thru 5th-grade students in Broward County Schools (Private, Public & Home-Schooled).
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit your original 8.5” x 11” artwork for the 18th annual Winterfest Foundation Fantasy Boat Student Art Contest on PAPER using crayons, pencils, paints, markers, OR your COMPUTER using Microsoft “Paint” Program.
All work must be original and unpublished, submitted electronically 11’ x 8.5’ horizontal (landscape).
Art Submissions can be one of Three Ways
- 11 x 8.5 piece of paper with the artwork onl created using crayons, colored pencils, or paints (11 inches wide and 8.5 tall).
- 11 x 8.5 original creation using Microsoft “Paint” and saved as a pdf or hi-res jpeg. OR
- Artwork and writing (if your classroom requires this contest to host a writing element). 11 x 8.5 total area with artwork taking up 7 inches wide x 8.5 tall and the writing element 4 inches wide x 8.5 tall. *
The artwork is to depict an imaginative boat the student wishes to see in the parade.
- The artwork must not have any wording on it.
- Please use bright colors using colored markers, paint, crayons, pencils, cut-outs from colored paper, or using Microsoft Paint Program on your computer. Do not use glitter.
- You must explain what your feature is and how it will improve your boat design.
- The explanation must be no longer than a paragraph and be written legibly or typed.
- You may include a labeled pen or pencil drawing (diagram) of the unique feature.
- If your artwork has a unique character that you have named, please write the name of your character on the back of the artwork in the notes section of the form.
All work must be mailed to Winterfest, Inc. (512 Northeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301) be postmarked on or sent electronically to email@example.com with the subject “WF Student Art Contest.” on or before February 1, 2022, at midnight.
All artwork must include the release form.
All of the applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected from each category and be given places as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The winner will be awarded honorable mentions and prizes for the winners’ schools. Also, a Character from one submission will become a “Costume Creation”
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is February 1, 2022. No applications will be considered after this date.