Biological research is changing our society and the world. Help the public and the policymakers to better understand these broad effects in biological research by entering the Face of Biology Photo Contest. The theme of the contest is Faces of Biology.
The contest is open to any legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age. Photographs entered into the contest must depict a person, such as a scientist, researcher, technician, collections curator, or student, engaging in biological research or education.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Any legal resident of the United States
- Who is at least 18 years of age can apply for this contest
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://www.aibs.org/public-programs/photocontest.html
- Employees, interns, officers, and board members of the American Institute of Biological Sciences are not eligible.
- Photographs entered into the contest must depict a person, such as a scientist, researcher, technician, collections curator, or student, engaging in biological research or education.
- The depicted research may occur outside, in a lab, with a natural history collection, on a computer, in a classroom, or elsewhere.
- Feel free to enter:
- Photos were taken anywhere in the world
- Color or black and white photos
- Photos were taken at any time
- Do not enter photos that:
- You didn’t take, or for which someone else owns the copyright
- Only show someone else’s copyrighted work
- Show nudity, violence, or symbols or acts of hatred -Are illegal or prohibited
- Photographs must be in digital format; they do not accept photographs submitted through the mail.
- High-quality scans of negatives, transparencies, or prints will be accepted.
- Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg or .jpg format.
- Contest winners may be required to submit a high-resolution file (400 dpi) in .tif format.
- Minor adjustments, such as cropping, correcting color saturation, or panoramic stitching, are acceptable.
- Photos whose content has been significantly altered are ineligible.
- The photograph must be the original work of the contest entrant and must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights to privacy, trademarks, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- The First Place Winner will have his/her winning photo featured on the cover of Bioscience and will receive $250 and a one-year membership in AIBS, including a one-year subscription to Bioscience.
- The Second and Third Place Winners will have his/her winning photo printed inside Bioscience and will receive a one-year membership in AIBS, including a one-year subscription to Bioscience.
The Contest begins on April 2, 2018, and ends September 30, 2018, at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time.