Applications are open for the Facebook Emerging Scholar Award to support talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups. The award is open to first or second year Ph.D. students to encourage them to continue their Ph.D. studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community.
Winners of the Emerging Scholar Award are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- First or second year full-time D. students who are currently involved in on-going research in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- Must fit the criteria of an under-represented minority in the technology sector
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application at https://research.fb.com/programs/emerging-scholars
Note: The 2019 application will open September 4, 2018.
- Applications Must Include
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award.
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor.
- Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics, and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Comput Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems, Economics
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
The application opens September 4, 2018, at 12:00 am PST and closes on October 12, 2018, at 12:00 am PST.
If you have any questions or inquiries contact at email@example.com