If you don’t think that making college free will ever be real then here is the program to prove you wrong. Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) graduate 2021 graduate students have an opportunity to attend any Kentucky Community and Technical College or Simmons college of Kentucky free tuition cost with the help of the Evolve502 Scholarship. Students get an opportunity to complete their education in a valuable institute with the help of this scholarship.
The goal of evolve502 is to support students as they pursue the dream of a college education. By expanding educational opportunities and reducing systemic barriers, they aim to ensure their children reach their full potential and enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives. The firm knows that for some young people, cost or perceived cost can be a barrier that makes college seem unattainable, and they are working to change it. They believe the Evolve502 Scholarship is an investment in cities young people allowing every eligible JCPS graduate to pursue their college and career goals at no cost.
Evolve502 is a community-focused organization helping every Jefferson County Public School student pursue the dream of a college education. For some students in the community, college seems an unthinkable goal. At the same time for the city to be competitive in the 21st century, it needs a skilled, diverse, and educated workforce that can attract new investment and spur growth. The firm knows a dramatic change is needed to improve academic outcomes and post-secondary attainment.
|Educational Level||High School Students|
|Amount||$1000 to $2000 Per Semester|
|Mode of Access||Online|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||June 30|
Who May Be Eligible?
Beginning with the class of 2021 fellows who stand on the following criteria will be eligible:
- Students who attended Jefferson County Public Schools since at least the 9th grade and graduated from a JCPS high school
- Candidates who meet all other eligibility criteria were enrolled in JCPS since at least the 9th grade and earned a GED within 12 months of their original high school graduation date
- Individuals who enroll in the military no later than 90 days after high school graduation may defer eligibility while in active duty
- Applicants must also be eligible to receive the Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship
How to Apply
If you are eligible for all the above requirements, then you can apply through an online application form. All the information should be submitted with caution in the application form along with the FAFSA form. With these forms, the candidate is needed to enroll at any Kentucky Community and Technical College school or Simmons College of Kentucky. All the supporting documents need to be submitted before the deadline
- Application form with information like legal name, date of birth, email, JCPS ID, High school, Expected graduation date, etc.
- FAFSA Form
- Documents to verify eligibility
- Complete high school or GED requirements
Eligible students will receive an opportunity grant of $1000 per semester up to $2000 to assist in defraying the total cost of attendance or to help students pay for unexpected expenses which may occur while enrolled. The scholarship covers a students tuition, and mandatory fees after federal, state and institutional aid have been applied
The application starts on October 1, 2020, and closes June 30.