In February 1989, Evelyn Lenander from Buffalo Lake, Minnesota came up with an idea to give grants to undergraduates involved in elementary training. Evelyn was born in Renville County. She went to St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated with a two-year teaching degree in 1929. She and her spouse farmed and Evelyn kept on instructing. Evelyn Lenander was highly cherished and regarded by her understudies during her 39-year profession as an elementary schooling instructor. She was a really good teacher and therefore, in order to remember her teaching legacy, the following scholarship has been started to support students who deserve a push.
As for eligibility, the candidate must be a student attending a Minnesota College or University going into their third or fourth year and have moved on from an MN secondary school. They must be majoring in elementary education. Beneficiaries should have a combined grade point normal (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. He must have finished 2 entire years of college and acknowledged in a Minnesota College/University program prompting an elementary training degree. The scholarship award amounts differ from $1,000 – $4,500. The following scholarship is nonrenewable and the last date to enter the scholarship is March 1.
From their central command in St. Cloud, they offer concentrated types of assistance and particular aptitude for their accomplice Community Foundations, permitting them to more readily serve their separate communities. Their committed board and staff work intimately with an organization of volunteers, contributors, philanthropies, and expert counsels from across the community they serve to set out open doors for varying opportunities for lasting impact.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||College student|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||March 1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- College Student
- From: Attending a Minnesota College or University going into their 3rd or 4th year and have graduated from an MN high school.
- Major: Elementary Education.
- GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Recipients must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed 2 full years of college and was accepted in a Minnesota College/university program leading to an elementary education degree.
- Preference will be given to permanent MN residents living within a 25 miles radius of Buffalo Lake and then eligibility will be expanded to include other students from Central Minnesota.
- Planning to attend: 3-4th year of college
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by submitting a 2-page essay double spaced on the following topic along with all the below-mentioned documents:
What event or person has influenced your life the most? Share how and why this is important to the person you are becoming?
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded 3) Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations need to be from non-family members. Letters will need to be in PDF format.
- Electronic Transcript: College Students:Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar’s office and upload it as a PDF.Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are from the registrar’s office.
The scholarship committee will review all the essays and based on their judgment one most suitable candidate with the best response to the assigned topic will be selected as the winner of the scholarship and be granted the scholarship money varying from $1,000-$4,500.
The applications for this grant must be submitted no later than March 1 every year.