Applications are open or the European Parliament European Charlemagne Youth Prize organized by the European Parliament and the International Charlemagne Prize Foundation in Aachen. The competition is open for young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States.
The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500. As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be between 16 and 30 years old and must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union.
- The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- Serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://epprizes.secure.europarl.europa.eu/epprizes/
- Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups.
- They should promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration, and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
- Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible.
- The projects submitted for the competition must have started and:
- Have finished between 1 January 2018 and 29 January 2019 or
- Be still running.
- All applications must include the following information:
- Applicant’s surname and first name (or surname and first name of the responsible contact in the case of a group or organization)
- Country of residence
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Website (if available)
- Title of the project
- Summary in English, French or German
- The complete description of the project
- Declaration of EU funding
- Only projects submitted through the online form will be accepted.
- The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500.
- As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- One representative of each of the 28 national winners is invited to Aachen for several days to attend several events, including the Youth Prize Award Ceremony, which always takes place two days before Ascension Day, the day on which the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen is awarded.
- Your project will also receive lots of coverage through the European Parliament’s and the Foundation’s media channels.
- Last but not least, your stay in Aachen will be a unique chance to meet and network with other dynamic young people from all over Europe, a platform to share your vision about Europe in front of European leaders and for many it will be the beginning of some long-lasting friendships with like-minded young people from all over Europe!
The application deadline is January 28, 2019.
For questions, contact ECYP2019@ep.europa.eu