The ET Foundation is inviting applications for the Aluminum Extrusion Design Competition. The competition is available to the applicants who are currently enrolled as a student in high school, college/university, technical school, or graduate school.
The Aluminum Extrusion Design Competition is intended to enlighten students and engineering, design, and architecture professionals about aluminum extrusions’ superior advantages and many applications.
Earn a cash scholarship prize with your aluminum extrusion design! Awards are sponsored by Bonnell Aluminum totaling $8,500
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must currently be enrolled as a student in high school, college/university, technical school, or graduate school to be eligible.
- It is highly recommended to include a 3-D printed prototype of your component design
- Your extrusion design must fit within no larger than a 10-inch circle size to be considered for an award.
- Provide as much support material as possible to illustrate the design, its utility, and practicality (i.e., art boards, images – jpeg preferred – drawings, full and complete explanation of how your entry meets the four judging criteria)
- Proper grammar and spelling is a must
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit to
International Aluminum Extrusion Design Competition
ET Foundation 1000 N. Rand Road, Suite 214
Wauconda, IL 60084, phone 847-526-2010
fax 847-526-3993, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designs must be original and make use of at least one extruded aluminum component.
- Multiple entries may be accepted.
- If any category yields no entries deemed by the judges to adequately address the competition’s criteria, a prize will not be awarded in that category.
- Winning entries
will be those that best demonstrate the benefits of aluminum extrusions –
whether by inventing a new product or improving an existing one – by achieving
the following objectives:
- Product/Process Advantage
- Market Impact/Potential
The winning entries in the Student Design Competition will be awarded in the following amounts:
- First Place: $3,000
- Second Place: $2,000
- Third Place: $1,000
- Sustainable Design Award: $2,500
The application will close on April 1, 2019