The Endocrine Society is now accepting applications for the Summer Research Fellowships. These fellowships are open to the applicants who are currently enrolled in school full-time and may not be employed as a research assistant.
The fellowship aims to encourage promising undergraduate students, medical students, and first-year graduate school students to pursue careers in endocrinology. The Society provides a stipend to each award recipient to participate in research projects under the guidance of a Society member for 10 to 12 weeks during the summer.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
Student applicants must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Currently enrolled in school full-time and may not be employed as a research assistant.
- The academic level must fall into one of the following categories:
- All undergraduate students currently enrolled in a four-year institution
- Graduate students in their first year (began graduate school Fall 2018)
- Medical students who are beyond their first year of schooling
Mentors must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Must be active members of the Endocrine Society.
- Only one application per mentor may be submitted.
- Mentors who won a fellowship in 2018 are ineligible to sponsor an application.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://www.endocrine.org/membership/login
The following items must be received to constitute a complete application:
- Completed online application form submitted by the student
- Summary of the research project, jointly prepared by Mentor and Student (1 page)
- Mentor statement which includes:
- Mentor’s role in the research project including his/her plans for training
- Student’s role in the research project
- Student’s qualifications
- Student statement explaining why he/she chose Mentor’s lab and project (Please indicate your anticipated start and end date for your summer research)
- Mentor’s sketch (NIH Style; 5-page maximum)
- Transcripts from all advanced academic institutions in which student has been enrolled. Transcripts do not need to be official. All transcripts must be submitted in English.
- Student’s CV or resume (mailing address must be included)
- Disclosure of funding statements
Note: All supporting documents must be submitted as one PDF or Word file at the time of submitting the application.
- The Society provides a stipend to each award recipient to participate in research projects under the guidance of a Society member for 10 to 12 weeks during the summer.
- After the summer fellowship, recipients are invited to attend ENDO 2019, the Society’s Annual Meeting & Expo and will receive complimentary registration, airfare and lodging, and per diem for the duration of the meeting.
Application Period: September 20 – November 20, 2018.
If you have any question, contact at email@example.com.