Embracing Our Differences pleased to announce the Annual Embracing Our Differences International Juried Competition. Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, students are all invited to submit their interpretation of the theme “enriching lives through diversity”.
Art is a powerful tool to evoke social change. Without uttering a single word, artists can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world. Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded in the form of three separate awards — $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult”, “Best-in-Show Student” and the “People’s Choice” award.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Artists, professionals, amateurs, students – everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged.
- There is no restriction on entering art which has been submitted to previous competitions.
- You may not submit art or quotations to their annual competitions through the website or any related website unless you are 13 years old or over.
- Your submission to our annual competitions through our website or any related website indicates confirmation that you are at least 13 years old.
- If you are under the age of 13, you may still enter your art or quotation by submitting it through the mail.
How to Apply :
To apply, the applicants must submit their application either online or offline as the following:
- Online: https://embracingourdifferences.submittable.com/submit/104733/call-to-artists-cash-awards-juried-competition-2019
- Offline: https://www.embracingourdifferences.org/clientuploads/2019call_artists_bw.pdf
There is no submission or entry fee and there is no limit on the number of submissions.
- Your art may be any size and medium; however, to submit digitally requires a digital file of your art which is capable of being uploaded to our server
- Your art must be horizontal in the orientation which means that it must be wider than it is tall – submissions that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified
- Label your digital art file with the “title” and your name – for example, “Coexistence-Mark Smith”
- Your digital file must be a high-resolution image of no less than 300 dpi (the higher the better)
- Your digital file must be less than 400MB in size
- Include a brief (200 words maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
- If making more than one submission online, you will need to create a separate entry for each one.
- Teachers may complete and submit art on behalf of their students and, at their option, substitute their personal or school contact information for that of their student(s). Teachers submitting student artwork should click here or email us for a simplified submission process.
- A digital file of your art contained on a CD or flash drive. Please name each file with the “title” of the artwork and your name – for example, “Coexistence-Mark Smith”
- Your art must be horizontal in the orientation which means that it is wider than it is tall – submissions which do not meet this requirement will be disqualified
- A color print of your art submission (inkjet is sufficient) with your name and artwork title clearly printed on the back
- A completed and signed the submission form
- Teachers may complete and sign submission forms on behalf of their students and, at their option, substitute their personal or school contact information for that of their student(s). Teachers submitting student art should click here or email us for a simplified submission process
- A separate sheet of paper with a brief (2200-words maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
- Completed submission packages should be mailed to Embracing Our Differences, PO Box 2559, Sarasota, FL 34230-2559 USA.
- Express mail, such as FedEx or UPS, should be delivered to Embracing Our Differences, 1209 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239 USA
- A total of $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards – $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult” “Best-in-Show Student” and the “People’s Choice”.
- Both “Best-in-Show” awards will be granted by a three-judge panel of art professionals. The “People’s Choice” award will be determined by visitors to the exhibit.
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2018.