The Elmhurst Garden Club is considering applications for its recently running College/University Scholarship. The program is intended towards students engaged in the study of Horticulture, Agriculture, Floriculture, Agronomy, Botany, etc.
The organization awards the phenomenal students every year to assist them in their future career. The rewarded funds play an essential role in the recipients’ lives for the accomplishment of their higher education.
The Elmhurst Garden Club is a non-profit organization established in 1926. It promotes community living through Gardening, Annual Garden Walk, Educational Programming, & Collaboration with other organizations.
Who May Eligible?
The interested candidates are advised to review the below criteria before applying:
- Must be a current Resident of the State of Illinois.
- Must be a current, full-time sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student at an accredited college or university OR
- A student at a community college working towards a degree.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes.
- Graduate students must be a full-time graduate student per the qualifications of their institution.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be majoring in one of the mentioned areas of study or preparing for teaching careers in these areas: Horticulture, Agriculture, Floriculture, Ecology, Agronomy, Botany, Conservation, Forestry, Biology, Landscape Design, Land Management, and Environmental Studies.
How to Apply
The eligible applicants are required to download an application form and submit it either via mail to Scholarship Committee, Elmhurst Garden Club, P.O. Box 383, Elmhurst, IL 60126, or email to email@example.com.
- Cover Letter/ Personal Statement describing background, interest in significant areas of study and description of your involvement in these areas.
- Must mention two Letters of Recommendation
- Must submit an official academic transcript from the college you are currently attending
- Graduate students must include undergraduate transcripts.
The Elmhurst Garden Club distributes four or more scholarships of up to $3,000.00 every year to outstanding students. The grant fund helps students to accomplish their dreams.
The declared deadline to submit your complete applications is extended to June 1, 2020.