Elite Beds is pleased to announce the second edition of Elite Design Award 2019 to rethink beds and their environment as objects designed for current lifestyles while retaining the essence of authentic traditional craftsmanship.
The award is open for the graduates of schools of design, architecture, interior design or engineering. This competition looks to foster new ideas through the combination of design and traditional craftsmanship. The theme of the award is “haute couture bed”.
Elite seeks to support creation and innovation by design by offering designers the opportunity to reflect about furniture and its function in general, namely the base and headboard, items which are at the core of our daily lives.
Who May Eligible:
The Elite Design Award is open to anyone longing for one of the following categories:
- Graduates of schools of design, architecture, interior design or engineering
- Practitioners without qualifications, but who can provide evidence of having worked in the areas of design, architecture or interior design
- Students of schools of design, architecture, interior design or engineering
- Any person wishing to innovate in bedding
- Individually or in teams (2 people max.)
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.elitedesignaward.ch/index-en.php#form
- The following criteria will be used to assess the proposals:
- Consistency with the positioning of the company (craftsmanship, luxury, well-being)
- Quality of the presentation and narration (clarity)
- The aesthetic quality of the project
- Functional quality of the project (use and experience)
- Technical and functional feasibility
- Creativity and originality of the response to the competition theme and specifications
- These constraints must adhere in order to combine style and comfort:
- The base bed must be a minimum of 10 to 12 cm deep
- The reference mattress you shall work with is 180 cm wide and 200 cm long
- (Elite mattresses are 22 cm to 35 cm deep)
- If more than one project is sent by the team or individually
- If the project contains more than 3 pages or less than 3 pages
- If the team contains more than 2 persons
- If multiple registrations
- 1st Prize: 5’000 CHF
- 2nd Prize: 3’000 CHF
- 3rd Prize: 2’000 CHF
- Registrations are open until November 1, 2018.
- Project submission will open from November 1st to December 10, 2018.