The Elaine Chapin Fund has introduced the Elaine Chapin Fund Scholarships 2021 to provide funding for individuals with multiple sclerosis to pursue post-secondary education. This opportunity will help provide financial aid to multiple students who have either been directly or indirectly affected financially and emotionally by the disease. Applications are open to any individual who will be attending or are currently enrolled in the US approved college, university, vocational school, or technical school during the 2021 academic year. So, if you are a student who fits into this description and is looking for assistance to do your masters then make sure you apply for this scholarship.
The Elaine Chapin Fund Scholarships 2021 scholarship, understands and sympathises with people suffering from or those who have been affected by multiple sclerosis. Severe disability and cognitive dysfunction are clear markers of depression among families who have someone suffering from multiple sclerosis and leads to loss of jobs, a reduction in living conditions, and isolation from social and recreational interests among patients. So, financial necessity, academic status, and/or the effects that multiple sclerosis has had on their life will all be considered when selecting recipients for the scholarships, to help make their lives better.
The Elaine Chapin Fund started after Elaine Chapin aims at providing aid and support to people suffering from multiple sclerosis. After a long struggle with Multiple Sclerosis, Elaine Chapin died on November 1st, 2008. Elaine was a beautiful lady who was a great wife and mother. She was the kind of girl who everybody adored, and even in her final days, she continued to maintain a good outlook and a sweet smile on her face. Her son’s graduation from college was one of her proudest moments, which happened just a few months before she passed away. Thus in her honour, the scholarship aims to grant students impacted by Multiple Sclerosis an opportunity to receive a college education.
The following table provides an overview of the entire scholarship:
|Organization||The Elaine Chapin Fund|
|Educational Level||Post-secondary students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2021|
|Requirement||2 LOR, essay, transcripts|
Who May Be Eligible
- Students who want to pursue their post-secondary education and have been impacted by multiple sclerosis, either directly or as a family member are eligible to apply.
- Only residents of the Saint Louis, Missouri area will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours of course work each semester for a degree, licence, or certificate.
- If you are chosen as a scholarship candidate, you must live within a 300-mile radius of our offices in St. Louis and verification of residence will be requested and checked out.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must fill in the online application at the organisation’s website. Click here to view the online application. The completed application form must be mailed to email@example.com.
The application must include the following documents:
- Personal Essay: Write a brief report on how Multiple Sclerosis has affected your life and some financial implications.
- Transcripts: This submission must be accompanied by a full transcript of grades. The use of grade reports is not permitted. For each course and term in which each course was completed, online transcripts must include the student’s name, school name, score, and credit hours gained.
- Letter of Recommendation: To be considered, the application must contain two (2) letters of recommendation.
The scholarship will provide the selected candidates with a scholarship amount ranging from $500 to $ 1000. This money can be used for a diverse range of education and related expenditure. If scholarship recipients change classes or drop out of school during the school year during which they were given funds, they would lose their scholarship funds. The awards will be awarded in two instalments. 50% for the first semester, 50% for the second semester
The applications are open till April 30, 2021. To be considered for this scholarship, please send your entries by then.