EFWA is organizing various scholarships to support women in their career. The program is targeting U.S females who are attending accredited U.S. school. The applicants also need to be engaged in an accounting degree to be applicable.
This award will support outstanding women who are in need of funds to complete their higher education. The candidates supporting their families will get sufficient help through the amount to pay for their expenses related to studies.
The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting works for the advancement of women who are indulged in the accounting profession. It provides support by funding of education, research, career literature, publications and other projects.
Who May Eligible?
Candidates are required to go through the following requirements:
- Must be a female U.S. citizen attending accredited U.S. school pursuing an accounting degree.
- Must be committed to pursue a degree in Accounting for a career as an accounting or finance professional,
- Must demonstrate aptitude in accounting and business, as evidenced by prior course work or work experience.
- Clear evidence that goals and a plan for achieving those goals, both personal and professional, have been established.
- Must demonstrate financial need
How to Apply
The EFWA Scholarships includes the below scholarships award:
- Women in Need- This includes a scholarship amount of $2,000 per year for two years. It can be renewed for the second year upon completion of satisfactory course work as evidenced by a 3.0 GPA.
- Institute of Management Accountants IMA®- IMA is an award of $2,000.
- Rhonda J. B. O’Leary Memorial (Seattle Chapter AFWA)– This is the one-year scholarship of an amount up to $2,000.
- Michele L. McDonald Memorial–The annual scholarship of $1,000.
- Moss Adams Foundation- This annual scholarship includes an amount of $1,000.
The application should be submitted until 30th April 2020.