- August 8, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Student Competitions
The European Environment Agency (EEA) is happy to announce the WaterPIX Photo Competition to highlight the importance of water in our daily lives. The competition is open to citizens of the EEA member countries and West Balkan cooperating countries.
Every year, the EEA organizes a photo competition to raise awareness about an environmental issue and allow Europeans to share their takes on that issue. This year’s competition WaterPIX focuses on the importance of clean water for all living things on our planet.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to citizens of the 33 EEA member countries and 6 West Balkan cooperating countries.
- All participants must be 18 or older.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://europeanenvironmentagency.wufoo.eu/forms/waterpix-photo-competition/
Note: Take or create an original photo (long side >2000px) supported by a short text and following the guidelines in the Competition rules.
- Participants can submit photographs depicting any of the following three categories: Water and us, Water and nature, Water and the economy.
- Entrants may only enter the competition online and by submitting their entries (“entry”) (maximum five) in accordance with the instructions set out on the “website”. There are no monetary costs to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to citizens of the 33 member countries and 6 West Balkan cooperating countries: 28 EU Member States, together with Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo under the UN Security Council Resolution 1244/99.
- All entrants must be over 18 years of age (born in or before the 2000 calendar year).
- Proof of citizenship and age will be required from all winners.
- The entry must be submitted in English. Entries submitted in other languages will be disregarded.
- EEA employees and all members of their immediate family are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Five entries per person are allowed, and each entry must include the title, name, country of citizenship, age, email address, telephone number, competition category, a photograph meeting the specifications outlined in the Competition rules, an indication of the location where the photograph was taken, title and accompanying the text.
- Entries must be submitted through the completion of the designated online form.
- Any entry submitted must be the work of the individual or team submitting it. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject(s) and/or venue/location and does not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- Entrants will not reproduce or otherwise use transmits, share, download, rip or exploit the entry other than for the purposes of the competition and in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The photos must be taken in the countries mentioned above.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material. Competition submissions must not include any endorsements of products or services or any obscene, violent, racist or defamatory content.
- Incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with the formal specifications will be automatically disqualified.
- Submissions may also not be accepted into the contest if the image in the entry features an identifiable individual who has not given their consent to appear or if the image features advertising or trademarks which would otherwise require the EEA to obtain permission to use.
- Technical requirements:
- Submissions must contain one photograph and accompany the text.
- Photo: In jpeg-format, minimum resolution of 2000 pixels for the long side of the photograph.
- Text: Short title and a text of maximum 1000 characters in English
- The winners in each category (Water and me, Water in nature, and Water in the economy) will be awarded a cash prize of EUR 1000, while EUR 500 is on offer for both the Public Choice Award and the Youth Prize.
- The Youth Prize will be awarded to the winning entry, selected among those submitted by persons aged between 18 and 24 (born between calendar years 1994-2000) to any of the competition categories.
- All finalists will be put forward for the Public Choice Award and may also feature in future digital and print material from the EEA and its European partners.
The closing date for entries is 15 August 2018, 23:59 CEST.
If you have questions about the competition, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org