Edison Scholars program was made to perceive the students who are going to be the makers of tomorrow or students with big dreams to assist with creating a better future for everyone. The program grants school grants to help with energizing your passion for having an effect on the community by concentrating on science, innovation, engineering, and math. The program is regulated by Scholarship America, the countries most prominent organizer and supervisor of grants, educational cost help, and other training support programs for enterprises, establishments, affiliations, and people. Contributions are allowed regardless of race, shading, ideology, religion, sexual direction, sex, disability, or national origin.
To be eligible for the following scholarship, the candidates should be secondary school seniors with an aggregate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, live in Southern California Edisons (SCE) administration region, plan to go to a full-time college class of study at a certified four-year college or university in the U.S. for the 2022/2023 scholarly year, plan to enroll at a qualified major in computer and information services, engineering technology, management information systems, engineering, mathematics, natural resources, and conservation, or physical sciences and must exhibit monetary need. Up to thirty (30) grants of $10,000 each year, adding up to $40,000 more than four years, will be conceded. Mandates are renewable for up to three extra years.
Scholarship America works straightforwardly with understudies, guardians, schools, organizations, and networks to assist understudies with satisfying their school dreams. Since it was established in 1958, Scholarship America has dispersed $4.5 billion to more than 2.8 million understudies and still counting.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||High school senior|
|Number of Awards||30|
|Contest Deadline||December 13, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Be a high school senior with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Live in Southern California Edison’s (SCE) service territory.
- Plan to attend a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Plan to enroll in an eligible major in computer and information services, engineering, engineering technology, management information systems, mathematics, natural resources, and conservation, or physical sciences.
- Demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the subsequent scholarship program, proceed with submitting the complete scholarship application along with all the necessary documents mentioned below.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- A current, complete transcript of grades.
- SAT or ACT scores transcript
- One online recommendation form
- A copy of the family’s most recently filed IRS Form 1040 (first two pages) black out all social security numbers.
- A high resolution (1-2 MB) digital head and shoulders photo of the applicant with a plain background
Up to thirty awards of $10,000 per year, totaling $40,000 over four years, will be granted. Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
The application submissions period for the following grant will close on December 13, 2021.