British Ecological Society is calling for applications for the Ecologists in Africa Grant to support for ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research. The grant is open to the scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands.
The Grant is designed to support you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists in the developed world. This grant provides support of up to £8,000 for ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorization
- Have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- Be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centers, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- Carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to do register through the given link: https://bes.flexigrant.com/
- The maximum value of a grant is £8,000 for research. An additional sum up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to help you develop connections with other ecologists outside your usual peer group.
- Travel funds are available to spend time working with ecologists in developed countries where facilities and experience will help you on return to your own institution.
- Successful applicants also receive two years of free BES membership and free online access to our journals.
The application deadline is September 10, 2018.