To bring intellectually curious students with academic achievements to the campus, Duke University is now offering fantastic Merit Scholarships. These merit-based awards are created to recognize students who demonstrate accomplishments and exceptional potential for academic leadership. All the selected scholars will be supported with free money, enrichment opportunities, mentorship, and more. These scholarships are effective for the academic year of 2020-2021. Duke University encourages all prospective students of undergraduate programs to apply for these funding opportunities.
With the help of these scholarships, the university seeks to increase the enrollment of high-achieving students at its campus. We all know that scholarships are a great medium to fund education. Through a scholarship, you can get free money that can help you alleviate your financial burden and avoid taking out loans that charge high interest. Whether you are a current student or just taking admission in any degree program, you have to spend a lot. It is more difficult for those students who are financially challenged, to meet educational expenses. Thereby, they have to limit their education or do a part-time job to control their expenses. Receiving Duke University’s Merit Scholarships can prove a boon to students. These programs will not only give students with recognization but also help them remove barriers that might be preventing them from furthering their education.
Duke University is leading research-intensive university considered the top producer of leaders. It was formed in 1838 as Trinity College. It is named Duke University in 1924 after the Duke Endowment was established. It comprises ten schools and colleges. This institution aims to provide a superior liberal education to undergraduate students. It is regarded as the seventh-wealthiest university in America. It has become a global academic and research powerhouse. It is home to 15,634 students who come from around the world to gain quality higher education.
Table of Contents
Check out this table to get quick information about the award amount, deadline, etc.:
|Number of Awards||10|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||November 16, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Eligibility requirements vary from scholarship to scholarship. However, here are some common requirements that must be met:
- Applicants must be incoming first-year students at Duke University;
- Candidates should hold a good academic record as scholarships will be awarded based on academic achievements.
How to Apply
Applicants are automatically considered for Duke Merit Scholarships based on their admissions application. No additional application is required for these programs. Candidates are advised to submit their application with the required material on time.
Check out these amazing merit scholarships that Duke University is currently offering:
- B. Duke Scholars Program – Full tuition, room and board, and mandatory fees
- Alumni Endowed Scholars Program – Eight semesters of full tuition, room and board at Duke University
- N. Duke Scholars Program – Full tuition, room and board, and mandatory fees
- David M. Rubenstein Scholars Program – Full cost of a Duke education
- Karsh International Scholars Program – Eight semesters of full tuition, room and board, and mandatory fees
- Reginaldo Howard Memorial Scholars Program – Eight semesters of full tuition, room and board
- Robertson Scholars Leadership Program – Educational fund
- Trinity Scholars Program – Eight semesters of full tuition, room and board
- University Scholars Program – Educational fund
The applications will close on November 16, 2020. Candidates need to send their application by this date as the late application can cause disqualification.