Duke is often ranked among the world’s best universities. Duke’s growth and academic focus have contributed to continuing the university’s reputation as an academic and research powerhouse.
Duke offers 46 arts and sciences majors, four engineering majors, 52 Minors (including two in engineering) and Program II, which allows students to design their own interdisciplinary major in arts & sciences.
Duke’s student body consists of 6,449 undergraduates and 8,383 graduate and professional students. The Duke University acceptance rate is 9%.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Duke?
- The average GPA at Duke is 4.17.
- This makes Duke Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.17, Duke requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Duke An Ivy League School?
- Duke is the seventh-wealthiest private university in America
- Duke holds a top-ten position in various national rankings.
Duke Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Duke, but they really want to see at least 2130 to have a chance at being considered.
Here’s the breakdown of old SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Duke?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Duke University?
- The average ACT score composite at Duke is a 34.
Is Duke a Prestigious School?
- Duke University, a private research university in Durham, NC,
- Duke University is one of the most selective universities in the country.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,609, and the setting is Suburban.
What Is Duke Best Known For?
- Duke University is known for combining the top-tier academics of an Ivy League institution with the excellent sports teams and campus spirit of a large state school.
- Duke University famous of its most popular majors such as Biology/Biological Sciences, Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Psychology, and Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Duke?
2018-2019 Estimated Cost of Attendance (Before Financial Aid)
|Tuition & Fees||
|Books, Supplies, & Personal Expenses**||
dependent upon home address
Estimated Cost of Attendance*
What Majors are Duke Known for?
- The most popular majors at Duke University include Biology/Biological Sciences, Economics, Public Policy Analysis, Psychology, and Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering.
- Duke offers 46 arts and sciences majors, four engineering majors, 52 Minors (including two in engineering) and Program.
How Much Is Tuition at Duke?
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Duke University is $53,500.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Duke University is $55,832.
- This fee is comprised of $49,575 for tuition, $14,438 room and board, $1,260 for books and supplies and $1,690 for other fees.
Is Duke a Public Or Private School?
- Duke University is a private, non-profit, research university located in Durham, North Carolina.
- Duke University has 12 schools and institutes, two of which are for undergraduates: Trinity College of Arts and Sciences and Pratt School of Engineering.
- The University’s graduate and professional schools include the Graduate School, the Pratt School of Engineering, and the Nicholas School of the Environment, the School of Medicine, the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, the School of Nursing, the Fuqua School of Business, the School of Law, the Divinity School, and the Sanford School of Public Policy.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Duke?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Duke University? In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Duke.
- The average SAT score composite at Duke is 1540.