Aarhus School of Architecture proudly announces the sixth joint venture competition: Drawing of the Year 2018. They invite architecture students from all over the world and call for drawings that demonstrate their ability to dream and create drawings that inspire change.
This year’s bold theme is Shaping New Realities. The aim of the competition is to continuously explore new tendencies in architecture through architectural drawing and to challenge the use of new techniques and mixed media.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Participants must be students enrolled in or have graduated from a school of architecture in January 2018 or later.
- Entries from Ph.D. students from a school of architecture are also welcome.
- Students who are on leave or doing an internship and who are later to resume their studies may also participate.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://drawingoftheyear.aarch.dk/
- The theme of Drawing of the Year 2018 is shaping new Realities. The drawing must address this theme.
- However, the theme can be interpreted freely and the competition welcomes experiments. The theme is not limited to a certain scale or place.
- One participant may submit one drawing.
- Note that you cannot submit both a drawing as an individual and as part of a group.
- Format and size
- Only drawings made with digital technology are accepted.
- Size of drawing: 88 x 88 cm.
- File format: PDF.
- Recommended resolution: 300 ppi. Max file size: 100 MB.
- Digital drawing
- The digital drawing must be created using digital technology.
- It can e.g. be hand-drawn sketches that are scanned and further developed digitally or 3D modeled drawings processed and developed in digital graphics
- The aim is to explore the digital drawing as a media for creative and artistic development.
- You are allowed to use and sample different kinds of drawings; photos etc. in an original way and work them into your drawing.
- However, it is your responsibility to follow international copyright laws. Your drawing must not have been published before and your drawing must be original.
- Make sure, that your submission contains a unique ID. Furthermore, it is important that you name your file with the same ID.
- Drawings submitted as physical print or sent via email will not be taken into consideration for the competition.
- It is the participant’s own responsibility to secure that the drawing is uploaded in the right format.
- Identification word and numbers
- You have to make up your own unique ID containing three numbers and four letters (e.g. 123AAAA).
- You must add the ID to the submission form. It is also important that you name your file with your unique ID. The word you choose may not be connected with the entrant.
- 1st prize: 5000 Euro
- 2nd prize: 2000 Euro
- 3rd prize: 1000 Euro
Deadline for submission is 1 November 2018 at 12.00 noon (CET).