- September 19, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Student Competitions
The University of Tartu is pleased to announce Dora plus Grant for Visiting Doctoral Students funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Estonia. These grants are open for the applicants who are a doctoral student at the foreign university.
Dora Plus sub-activity 2.2. enables to support the studies and research of international visiting doctoral students at the University of Tartu for 1–10 months. The minimum period of study mobility is 30 calendar days.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- who is a doctoral student at the foreign university;
- who is not a resident of the Republic of Estonia;
- Who has not been in Estonia for more than one year during the past three years?
- The supervisor of the recipient of the scholarship in the University of Tartu must be a member of the teaching staff, research staff or, in the field of arts, a creative person with prior experience in supervising doctoral students.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://incoming.ut.ee/applicant/register
- Grant applications to support the studies or research of a foreign visiting doctoral student are submitted in two parts.
- The supervisor at the University of Tartu submits to the Dora Plus coordinator (Kadri Orula, email@example.com):
- The individual work plan and the objective of the international visiting doctoral student for the period while the student is at the University of Tartu. Mark the duration of the visiting period (dates, if possible).
- The applicant international visiting doctoral student submits the following documents electronically and on paper, by the date specified by the university:
- academic CV
- Certificate from the educational institution of the student’s country of residence that he/she is matriculated as a doctoral student for the study mobility period
- Identification document (copy of ID card or passport).
Grant amount: Visiting doctoral students shall be paid:
- a visiting doctoral student monthly allowance (660 EUR since 1 January 2018);
- Student mobility travel allowance (a fixed unit price, based on the address of the home university).
Monthly allowance: Example “How to calculate the amount of the grant?” If a visiting doctoral student is staying in Estonia from 20 January till 20 March 2018, the grant amount will be the following:
- 20 Jan – 31 Jan (12 days) – (660/30)*12 days = 264 EUR
- February (full month) – 660 EUR
- 1 March -20 March (20 days) – (660/30)*20 days = 440 EUR
- Total: 1364 EUR
The application will close on November 1, 2018.