A golden opportunity for applicants, the Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund is available for all Students across the united states. This Program plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults.
The free study provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to selected students. The executive board of the association includes community-minded leaders who want to be involved in the positive development of Dominican and affect the direction in which Houston is headed.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
- Applicants from the USA are eligible to apply for this application.
- Financial aid positions will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement (high school diploma, GED or college GPA)
- Defined career goals
- Financial hardship (Financial need)
- Community service within the last 3 years
How to Apply
To apply this scholarship, students need to include the following with the completed application:
- Acceptance letter or unofficial transcript from College.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a teacher or instructor who has taught you during the past year).
- 150-200 words, typed essay summarizing your short and long-term career goals, including financial hardship, and community service activities.
- Dominica Houston Association Inc. will provide $ 500 financial assistance to students receiving higher education.
- The sponsorship will be applied for the tuition in the college or university that the students will attend or are currently participating.
- Grants can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, and select travel and life costs.
Application Deadline: For 2019, Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Program application Cycle is OPEN.