All graduate students in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences have a chance to apply for the “Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship”. The Fellowships is for candidates who have outstanding undergraduate records, have demonstrated a need for financial assistance. Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America and enrolled in accredited colleges and universities in the United States.
The university created the award to make students financial stable in their lives. This fellowship program will provide them with sufficient funds as well as the experience they will need in their careers. The fellowship is created to attract and support students with outstanding character and ability who hold promise for achievement and distinction in their chosen fields of study.
The University of Virginia works as a public research university in Charlottesville, Virginia. The university was founded in 1819 by United States Declaration of Independence author Thomas Jefferson. It is the flagship university of Virginia and home to Jefferson’s Academical Village, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. UVA is known for its historic foundations, student-run honour code and secret societies.
For further information on the scholarship program, students must refer to the given table:
|Organization||University of Virginia|
|Educational Level||Graduate Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||November 20, 2020|
|Requirement||CV, Transcript, letter of recommendation|
Who May Be Eligible?
Candidates have to meet up with the given criteria to be applicable:
- Graduate students in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture, or other formal professional training) with an outstanding undergraduate record and demonstrated financial need.
- Note: Applicants must be U.S. citizens of any national descent or background
- Strong applicants are advanced enough to describe an exciting research project (most often dissertation) but still have enough time remaining that they can take advantage of all the fellowship benefits (including fellowship renewal).
How to Apply
The eligible students can also apply through the internal application link to submit their applications along with the credentials. The application process is handled entirely by the graduate school. For more information on applying, students must contact the office at their graduate school where you obtained this application. Students must not contact JPMorgan or members of the selection committee.
- One copy of your vitae or résumé.
- Must submit one certified copy of each undergraduate and graduate transcript to date.
- Must provide one copy of your graduate exam test scores.
- A Statement of Purpose up to three pages long which consider the relationship between your graduate-level study and your intended personal and professional goals.
- Your Statement of Purpose must contain a 10-15 line abstract at the top (included in the three pages) that explains, in LAYMAN’S terms, the essence of your proposed topic of study or dissertation, the methodology of its treatment and its anticipated impact on your field of study.
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean of Graduate School or Department Chair. (Optional)
- Recommendation letters from at least two professors who have taught or collaborated closely with you. (Necessary)
- One copy of your Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Free Application.
- One copy of your school Financial Aid Report.
- One copy (including spousal returns, if applicable) of the Federal Income Tax Return for the previous two years.
The University of Virginia along with Will of Dolores Zohrab Liebmann will be giving away fellowships of worth $18,000 stipend, plus tuition costs (no fees), for one year (with the possibility of renewal for a maximum of three years total). These funds will act as a great supportive pillar for the recipients to achieve their higher education with ease. The recipients will be able to pay for any of their high-cost educational purposes.
The Internal Application Deadline for the fellowship program is Friday, November 20, 2020. There would be no applicability for students with late or incomplete applications.