Maines residents in medical fields have good news! The FAME or Finance Authority of Maine is inviting applications for Doctors for Maine’s Future Scholarship. The Doctors for Maine’s Future program provide scholarships for eligible medical students who enroll in a qualifying Maine based medical school program. Currently, Tufts University School of Medicine Maine Medical Center program and the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine participants are eligible. Students who are or will be enrolled in a qualifying Maine based medical school program are welcome to apply.
This program aims to enhance the growth of deserving medical students who are working very hard to make a successful career in the medical field. This scholarship supports the Maine residents who are into medical studies and supports them with funds which makes it easy for them to pay their expenses. The scholarship is designed to enhance the growth of Maine and to create well-learned and brilliant medical students or practitioners to advance the development of Maine.
FAME was established as Maine’s business finance agency in 1983 and charged with supporting the start-up, expansion, and growth plans of Maine’s business community. The agency began working closely with Maine’s lending community to improve access to capital as well as to help fill gaps that exist in the state’s capital delivery system. To meet the financing needs of Maine’s business community, FAME offers a wide array of business assistance programs, ranging from traditional loan insurance programs for both small and larger businesses to investment tax credits.
Table of Contents
Check the table below for a quick idea about the award amount, deadline, and more, of the Doctors for Maine’s Scholarship by FAME:
|Number of Awards
|Domestic and International
Who May Be Eligible?
Check the below-given requirements keenly to know about your eligibility with this scholarship:
- Students who are or will be enrolled in a qualifying Maine-based medical school program are eligible for the scholarship. The student must have a substantial connection to the state of Maine and at least one year of residence in Maine for purposes other than education.
- Priority is given to medical students who meet at least two of the following:
- The fellow has received a high school diploma, or its equivalent, in Maine.
- The candidate has received a baccalaureate degree from a four-year college or university in Maine.
- The legal residence of the student’s parents or legal guardians is in Maine.
- Currently, Tufts University School of Medicine Maine Medical Center Program and the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine are the selected institutions.
How to Apply
Only the eligible students are allowed for this scholarship. Candidates should directly contact one of the above medical schools. The school will provide you with the information you need to apply for the scholarship. All the criteria, as guided by the instituted, should strictly be followed. All the application process should be done correctly before the deadlines set by the college or university. All the needed materials should be provided with concern.
Selected students may be awarded up to 50% of the institution’s cost of attendance or $25,000 annually, whichever is less. The scholarship is renewable for up to four successive years. Funds are paid twice per year as established by the medical school, typically in the fall and spring semesters. This scholarship reduces the financial burden on the students.
Each medical school determines the deadline at their institution.