Applicants are invited for Digging The Data – 360Giving’s Data Visualisation Challenge funded by360Giving. 360Giving is providing an opportunity for applicants to use their dataset to develop and visualize innovative answers to two key questions facing charitable and philanthropic grantmakers.
The Challenge is free to enter and is open to individuals (anyone with an interest in design, analytics or data journalism) or teams of up to eight people from any organization or country. A total prize fund of £20,000 is available for qualifying entries.
Who May Eligible:
- Individuals or teams of up to eight people from any organization or country (except employees and trustees of 360Giving).
- Individuals without any geographical restrictions.
- It is also open to non-profit, for-profit and charitable organizations.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://challenge.threesixtygiving.org/submit
- Entries must use the 360Giving dataset to answer one of the Challenge questions and you are encouraged to use other datasets alongside it. Question 1: Who has funded what themes throughout the years?
Question 2: User-led organizations: Who funds them, in what thematic area, how much funding do they receive and what type of organization are they (e.g. CIC, charity, co-operative, community group)?
- Whether it’s an interactive web app, a graphic image, a video or another form of visualization, they are looking for responses to these questions that excite and appeal.
- You can find a list of suggested datasets here.
- Top three entries will receive prizes of between 2,000 GBP (approx. 2700 USD) and 6,000 GBP (approx. 8100 USD).
- In addition, depending on the number of submissions and their quality, there might be also an award of between 100 GBP (approx. 135 USD) and 500 GBP (approx. 670 USD) to each entry that meets submission criteria. The total prize fund is approximately 27,000 US.
- In addition, each entry that meets our submission criteria will receive an award of between £100 and £500 (depending on the number of submissions and their quality).
The closing date for entries is July 15, 2018, at 11:59:59 pm British Summer Time (BST). Winners will be announced in September 2018.
If you have any question, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org