Are you a resident of Detroit? The Detroit promise likes to take the initiative to push the future of the nation closer to the door of success by providing them with an outstanding opportunity of Detroit Promise Scholarship to get through their educational expenses. The Detroit promise has proposed the great Detroit Promise Scholarship for the high school seniors admitted for a 2or 4years program and who have remarkable academic performance. The scholarship is flexible for the students who are Detroit residents and have attended multiple schools in Detroit or lived in Detroit for at least his/their junior and senior years.
The Detroit Promise aims to provide the nation with excellent and outstanding students who will play a vital role in the growth of innovations and ideas for development. Their mission is to make every individual in a society aware of the importance of education. It makes them pursue education irrespective of their financial crisis to develop the individual and their family. Their vision is to enrich every individual in society with knowledge.
The Detroit Promise was founded in 2013 by the Detroit Regional Chamber, funded by the Michigan Excellence in Education Foundation. Since then, the organization has expanded to include bachelor’s degrees from four-year schools. The Detroit Promise Authority remains committed to providing every Detroit-residing student an opportunity to achieve a postsecondary degree regardless of their financial situation. And are warmly welcoming the incredible students from Detroit to take full advantage of the Detroit Promise Scholarship to develop their community.
Enroll in the table below to get more information about the scholarship;
|Educational Level||High school senior or graduate students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Status||June 30, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
The scholarship funding for 2years and 4years program varies; know the eligibility criteria for both the scholarships:
Guidelines for two-year program funding:
- Attending any high school in the City of Detroit for junior and senior years of high school and graduating from a Detroit high school in the spring of this school year.
- Students have requested a Detroit resident for junior and senior years of high school.
- The fellow should be admitted to a partnering community college.
- The students must need financial assistance.
Guidelines for four-year program funding:
- The fellow must be attending any high school in the City of Detroit for all four years of high school and graduate from a Detroit high school in the spring of this school year.
- The candidate must be a Detroit resident for all four years of high school.
- The candidate must have received at least a 3.0 overall GPA through high school graduation.
- The fellow must have received at least a 21 ACT or 1060 SAT score.
- The student must be admitted to a participating institution.
- The candidate must need financial assistance.
How to Apply
Submission should be provided before the deadline, attached with the required documents. The fellow should submit to the online process without making any errors in the application, as incomplete or invalid information may lead to rejection.
Kindly provide the submission before the deadline as the late submission will directly be rejected.
Both the programs have different requirement of documents; few mandatory documents :
- The fellow must provide a complete application
- The candidate must submit the latest transcript with a GPA score in it.
- The candidate must provide proof of residence
- The student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance by providing a FAFSA document
- The candidate should provide proof of enrollment at admitted to a participating institution
The awarded fund will reduce the burden of educational expenses of the students. The scholarship must only be utilized for expenses not other than paying the candidate’s expenses like tuition, fees, books, and student’s needs. These scholarships will help the students to accomplish their goals overcoming all barriers. The application process is too simple.
Submissions are accepted till June 30, 2021, as the late submission will not be considered for the scholarship. Submit your application as soon as possible.