The Des Moines Women’s Club is proud to present its Drama and Theater Scholarship for students pursuing a career in any one of the mentioned disciples. The following scholarship is mainly for the graduating high school seniors to participate and win a chance to receive a fantastic award of $2,000. The candidate (all sexual orientations) should be a graduating secondary school senior who will be seeking a degree in drama, speech, communications, or broadcast journalism at a college, university, or conservatory to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications/postmark submission deadline is January 18, 2022.
Candidates can only apply for one Des Moines Women’s Club grant each year. Also, to be considered for the scholarship, the candidate should be a legitimate inhabitant of or an enlisted understudy in Polk, Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Story, or Warren County. To apply, the candidates will have to send their audition videos to the said email address. Candidates might audition for the accompanying spaces of the Theater Arts: Performance; Set/Technical Design; Directing; Speech Communications, or Broadcast Journalism. The grant beneficiary is requested to go to the DMWC Scholarship Award Program and Luncheon on April 20, 2022. The grant will be sent straightforwardly to the scholarship beneficiary’s chosen school.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Des Moines Women’s Club|
|Education Level||High school seniors|
|Number of Awards||1|
|City||Polk, Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Story, or Warren County|
|Contest Deadline||January 18, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Video, recommendation, application form|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Applicant (all genders) must be a graduating high school senior who will be pursuing a degree in drama, speech, communications, or broadcast journalism at a college, university, or conservatory.
- The applicant may only apply for one Des Moines Women’s Club scholarship per year.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of or a registered student in Polk, Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Story, or Warren County.
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by following the below-given instructions:
- Applicant must send an unedited audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and DMWC Drama/Theatre Arts Scholarship Audition Video in the subject line.
- Applicants may audition in the following areas of the Theatre Arts: Performance; Set/Technical Design; Directing; Speech Communications, or Broadcast Journalism.
- Acting audition applicants will include an introduction followed by a three-five minute monologue.
- Directing audition applicants will include an introduction followed by a live ten-minute scene (number of actors can range from not less than three to not more than fifteen, and should not have the director).
- Scenic Design applicants should include a drawn-to-scale ground plan and may be asked for a scenic model.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- A letter of recommendation from a high school drama teacher or from a director from any outside drama, speech, or broadcast journalism activity. Please include their contact information and send it to email@example.com with your name and DMWC Drama/Theatre Scholarship in the subject line.
- Applicants must complete an application form.
After reviewing all the submissions, the best and most deserving candidate will be selected as the winner of the scholarship and be granted the scholarship money of $2,000.
The applications for this particular scholarship will close on January 18, 2022 Any entries received later this date will not be considered.