- November 23, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
Dell EMC is pleased to announce its annual graduation project competition “Envision The Future”. The competition is open for senior undergraduate students from universities in Turkey, Middle East and Africa. The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students should have a strong academic standing, validated by the Head of their Department.
- The correctness of the information provided by the students should be validated by the official signature and stamp of the Dean of their college/institute.
- At the time of submission, all the members of student teams should not be full time employees of any organization whatsoever, whether it is private, public, or non-governmental.
- No students should be listed in more than one project.
- Students should have a faculty member as their official academic advisor and mentor.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related but not limited to the following focus areas: Cloud Computing, Big Data, High Performance Computing (HPC), Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial intelligence (AI) Virtual and Augmented Reality (VAR), Secure Systems.
The submission list is: https://emcenvisionthefuture.com/login/?user=new
Participating teams should submit their Projects Abstracts containing the following information:
- Question 1: What is the main problem that you are solving?
- Question 2: What is the importance of this problem?
- Question 3: What are the current solutions?
- Question 4: How will your solution solve the problem? What is new?
- Question 5: What is the expected impact of your solution from various perspectives (social, commercial, environmental, etc)?
- Question 6: Give a high level functional description of your solution. How will it be used?
- Question 7: Give a high level technical description of your solution: architecture, technology, integration, innovative components, etc.
- Question 8: Give a high level description of your solution development environment, platform, tools, etc.
- Question 9: How will you manage your product development cycle, your quality assurance process, your solution deployment logistics, etc?
- Question 10: Give the most relevant plans that you have developed for your project (for example, time schedule, resource plan, training plan, risk management, contingency plan, etc.)
The submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria: Relevance, originality, significance and expected contributions and impact.
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000, second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000, and third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- All the team will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
- A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell EMC events in the region.
- All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony along with senior officials from their university/college.
The deadline for submitting Project Abstracts is 15th December 2018 and the winner’s final announcement will be on 4th September 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to email@example.com