The University of Hamburg is pleased to offer the Degree Completion Grants for international students to study in Germany. The university supports its international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees with degree completion grants.
As a rule, the funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months. The maximum amount of funding is €720 per month. The amount of each grant is calculated according to the criteria stipulated in the German federal training assistance act
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are not German citizens
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme)
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies
- Have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
- Students pursuing a Diploma, Magister, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/internationales/studieren-an-der-uhh/finanzierung-des-studiums/examensstipendien/20180117-en-exa-gutachten.pdf
- International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
- The amount of each grant is calculated according to the criteria stipulated in the German federal training assistance act.
- If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
- The following groups are excluded from funding:
- International students who fulfill the requirements of Section 8 of the German federal training assistance act
- Doctoral researchers
- Online applications require the following documents:
- tabular CV
- reason for your application
- the tabular schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
- You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
- Only applications completed in full and submitted within the application deadline can be considered.
- Start gathering together your application documents early and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
- For your application, you will require an evaluation from your examiner. Your examiner must be a professor employed at Universität Hamburg full time who teaches and researches independently in his or her discipline.
- Unfortunately, they are unable to accept evaluations from acting professors, Privatdozenten, or retired professors.
- The evaluation must demonstrate that you are expected to complete your final examination within the period of funding for which you are applying.
- After you have submitted your online application, please submit the following documents in person to the program coordinator (Ms. Daniela Pérez y Effinger) during office hours by the application deadline:
- Your residency permit
- Copies of bank statements from all checking and savings accounts from the last 3 months together with evidence of any other assets you hold.
- As a rule, the funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months. The maximum amount of funding is €720 per month.
- The maximum funding period is 12 months.
Applications can be submitted by the following deadlines:
- 1 June 2018 (for a period of funding from 1 July–31 December)
- 1 December 2018 (for a period of funding from 1 January–30 June)
If you have any question, contact by one of the following ways: Tel: +49 40 42838-3311, Fax: +49 40 427977-631, Email: email@example.com